“Decent local seafood place”

Fourth Street Shrimp Store
Ranked #21 of 908 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Decent local seafood place”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food is good, staff is good, price is a bit inflated. Go for the specials (like Tues. all you can eat crab) for the best values. Kids meal is one of the best you will find anywhere, bar none

Visited February 2013

Brecksville,Oh
“Happy Hour & More”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited before a baseball game and only needed a bit to eat. The happy hour 2 for 1 was more than enough. We enjoyed the smoked fish and 1/2 pound shrimp. This place is a winner. It was crowded so keep that in mind.

Visited April 2013
Redford, Michigan
“Great food, fun place”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've been going to 4th St. for over a decade and have enjoyed every meal I've ever had there. The fish sandwiches are the best! They're fresh and and served just the way you want them. Try broiled with a toasted bun, mmmm. This last visit was the first time I had the clam chowder, I can't believe I've been missing that stuff for all these years! GREAT soup!

The restaurant has a quaint decor that's nice, too. Enough to look at while you wait just a few minutes for your food to arrive.

I'll be back again and again.

• Visited March 2013
Ewing, New Jersey
“Fresh seafood, quick and friendly service”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We came to the Fourth Street Shrimp Store at 9pm on a weeknight, not realizing they close at 9:30. However, the hostess and server never made us feel like we needed to hurry and get out of their way (even though we inadvertently seated ourselves right next to the table where all of the other servers who were done for the night were doing their preps for the next day!) Our server, who was friendly and attentive, even asked us if we wanted more drinks after we finished our meal, even though we could see chairs being stacked across the room.

As for the food, the smoked fish spread was amazing, and was our favorite item of the night. Hubby ordered shrimp scampi and I got u-peel-em style shrimp...both were fresh and tasty. I would have preferred some seafood seasoning on my steamed shrimp (I'm partial to Old Bay), but they didn't seem to have any type of spicing. Cocktail sauce added the needed kick.

The decor is simple and meals are served on paper products, but if you are looking for fresh seafood in a casual atmosphere, this place fits the bill.

• Visited March 2013
“Best seafood I've ever had!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We've been going to Florida for years and have stopped at MANY different restaurants... Every single year we would go to a different restaurant every night. 4th street is by far the best. The food is more than fresh and the prices are very low for the great quality of the food. Not to mention, helpful servings. Definately worth the stop!!!