“Good atmosphere”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 923 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd Ave N
Description: For more than 25 years, The Melting Pot has been offering artisan cheeses, freshly made salads, customizable entrées, and decadent chocolates to fondue lovers from our location in Old Northeast St. Pete. No matter what you crave, we have something for everyone in our bubbling pots of fondue goodness. Once the home of famous wood carver Earl Gresh, our St. Petersburg location can host any size party. Bring your friends and your appetite, and we’ll take care of the rest! Along with our classic fondue creations, we are also proud to offer another choice for our hungry patrons. We are cooking up a new type of entrée option- our FonDONE™ small plate options. You choose from more than 17 choices and let us handle the cooking, grilling, and searing. All you need to worry about is choosing which artisan cheese to use for dipping!
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ambiance. Fondue done right. Clean kitchen. Staff leaves a lot to be desired. Can a place be too quiet? Desserts are fun if you like chocolate desserts. Like, a lot.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went for dinner one night expecting to have a similar wonderful experience to that of the Melting Pot in Denver. The decor here was quaint, but certainly not upscale. The dining room is cramped and less private than you'd expect in a higher end restaurant. The food was acceptable and the service slow. We finished the night by paying for someone else's meal... the server mixed up the bills. She made a correction, but needed to get the manager for approval. Not a great ending to a so-so diner out.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have been here a few times and we always have a great time. It is a little pricey but if you want the fondu experience and a budget just get a chocolate dessert and some wine. If you get a full dinner then get the wine flights with it. They will pair a wine with each of you courses. Don't fill up on salad or bread because you want to save room for the good stuff! I do not recommend getting the oil in the pot. We did this one time and did not enjoy it as much as just the broth. They also have fondu and a flick which is a really good deal. The movie ticket is good at bay walk or whatever it is called now in downtown St. Pete. They will even let you use it in the gallery there. Well worth the money for this and the food is what they serve at the bar plus a chocolate fondu. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

What a HORRIBLE experience. I normally always stay far away from chains, however I've heard much hype over the Melting Pot. I decided to give it a try for Dine Tampa Bay. I was sat far in the back in what seemed like a dark, dank corner. The service was slllllooooooooooooooowww, don't go if you are starving. 1st course: Caesar salad: over salted and tasted nothing like Caesar. 2nd course: choose 3 items and a broth. Well, imagine my displeasure when I found out I had to COOK MY OWN DINNER. I paid to go out to eat, not out to cook. The vegetable broth was so salty that the food I had to cook in it came out with a nasty after taste. I understand what a fondue restaurant is, I've been to several but never have I ever had to cook my own food.

I will say the turtle chocolate dessert fondue was really delicious, but that was the only enjoyable part about this dining experience. This experience further solidified my displeasure in chain dining.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you are planning on getting a good meal in a romantic settting, then don't waste your time or money on this restaurant. The service was terrible. The food was nasty. The manager (bald one) was rude and sarcastic. The prices were not reasonable. We went for our anniversary and ended up with upset stomachs.