“Awesome food - relaxed atmosphere”

9 Bangkok Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 927 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The best Thai food in the Tampa Bay Area! This is an unpretentious family run restaurant. INCREDIBLE quality for a very reasonable price. The best thing on the menu is the chicken panang. I would happily drive more than an hour to get the chicken panang from Bangkok 9! Parking is on the street but pretty easy to find in this part of downtown.

1  Thank canuck_traveller0

Reviewed April 22, 2009

I read a bad review on this restaraunt and it surprised me. I have been to this place 5 times or more, and everytime the food has been consistant ,and yummy! I usually get the red or green curry with the shrimp. It is priced low, the spices are awesome (I get Thai hot, and trust me it's hot!) The vegetales are fresh, and brightly colored. I have also had the sushi which was fresh and very good. The place inside looks upper scale, in a casual neighborhood. They clean each table with a glass cleaner between people so the tables are sparkling clean. The restrooms were the cleanest public restrooms i have ever seen. The service was very timely, but i cant say the wait staff was warm and fuzzy. Just professional at getting the job done. I would definitely go back and definitely take company back there!

1  Thank SpillThWine
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Waited 20 minutes just to be greeted and the food was sub par. There are at least 3 other Thai restaurants downtown, any of them are much better.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Great Place for Lunch! Fast service, dining room decor is tasteful and interesting. Spring Roll, soup and Phad Thai at a great price!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 30, 2008

My co-workers and I go here once a week...best sushi lunch around!