“Tucked away gem! Good Thai & Sushi”

9 Bangkok Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 936 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I ordered food for an office party and it was a hit! The sushi was very fresh and flavorful, the Pad Thai and Panang chicken were outstanding! I was very impressed that they had the food ready when I arrived 20 minutes later - the hostess even offered me meter money! I will definitely be back to this location for lunch and dinner, thanks!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I love Asian food but this was disappointing. Everythinrg was over spiced with red hot peppers. Service was terrible. I got my soup after my entree while my husband was still waiting for his entree. Food we ordered was average to poor. Maybe we hit it bad. By did not live up to reviews

1  Thank Anniemartist
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Thai has always been one of my favorite cuisines because it can vary so much from site to site. Like many other ethnic restaurants, recipes can be handed down from generation to generation and so, differ dramatically. The other key (essential) factor is the freshness of the more delicate ingredients such as vegetables and herbs. Having lived in 10 major cities, Chicago, London, and New Orleans among them, I have had the opportunity to sample many examples of my "litmus test" recipes. In Thai food these include a soup, Tom Ka Kai which is spelled many ways but is a chicken and vegetable soup using coconut and lime in the broth. Another of these test dishes is the Green Curry which also has some coconut in the broth. 9 Bangkok is the most consistent establishment exemplified by very fresh ingredients, wonderful recipes, and an extremely inexpensive lunch menu - $6.50 the last time I was there - for a three course meal. The lunch special includes a soup, a vegetable roll, and your main choice. Because they do a delightful Jasmine Tea, I always get a pot to go with lunch. Of all the Thai restaurants I have been to, this is the one I always return to. It is simply the best.

1  Thank Robin W
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had dinner last night here with my wife and our son. Honestly, it would not have been my choice but was "persuaded" to go. As usual, I was flat out wrong as the entire experience was A+. We ordered way too much food, and the sushi was out of this world. Service was professional and quick. I had the sweet and sour beef and it was very, very good. The best thing is that all of this food was very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to go back.

1  Thank intrepidtravelerfla
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Bankok 9 for years, and the place still rocks! The miso soup and ginger salad is reason alone to come! Sushi is always fresh, and the red curry is my favorite. I usually get it with shrimp they are large and fresh! You will not be disappointed!