“great food from beginning to end w/ flawless service.”

9 Bangkok Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 902 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Thai
“great food from beginning to end w/ flawless service.”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

my boyfriend & i love thai food. we have a special place that we are very loyal to where we live in greenville south carolina called Sweet Basil that is family owned & operated by native thais. so needless to say we have high expectations when it comes to thai food. we wanted to go out for a nice thai dinner were at a loss after reading all the mixed reviews for so many different places. finally my boyfriend choose 9 Bangkok after i informed him that they had deep fried cheesecake. it turned out to be a great choice. the staff was friendly from the moment we stepped in the door. the atmosphere was upper casual & relaxed. the sushi selection was great, especially for me being a vegan. the food was promptly served nice & hot. & my boyfriend absolutely loved the deep fried cheesecake...he said it should be called happy ending cheesecake.

Victoria, Canada
“Awesome food - relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The best Thai food in the Tampa Bay Area! This is an unpretentious family run restaurant. INCREDIBLE quality for a very reasonable price. The best thing on the menu is the chicken panang. I would happily drive more than an hour to get the chicken panang from Bangkok 9! Parking is on the street but pretty easy to find in this part of downtown.

1 Thank canuck_traveller0
Florida
“Can I just say.... yum???”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I read a bad review on this restaraunt and it surprised me. I have been to this place 5 times or more, and everytime the food has been consistant ,and yummy! I usually get the red or green curry with the shrimp. It is priced low, the spices are awesome (I get Thai hot, and trust me it's hot!) The vegetales are fresh, and brightly colored. I have also had the sushi which was fresh and very good. The place inside looks upper scale, in a casual neighborhood. They clean each table with a glass cleaner between people so the tables are sparkling clean. The restrooms were the cleanest public restrooms i have ever seen. The service was very timely, but i cant say the wait staff was warm and fuzzy. Just professional at getting the job done. I would definitely go back and definitely take company back there!

1 Thank SpillThWine
St. Petersburg
“Go elsewhere”
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Waited 20 minutes just to be greeted and the food was sub par. There are at least 3 other Thai restaurants downtown, any of them are much better.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great Place for Lunch! Fast service, dining room decor is tasteful and interesting. Spring Roll, soup and Phad Thai at...”
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Great Place for Lunch! Fast service, dining room decor is tasteful and interesting. Spring Roll, soup and Phad Thai at a great price!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook