“Best chocolate chip cookie ever.”
Review of Cafe Mozart

Cafe Mozart
Ranked #3 of 20 Bakeries in St. Petersburg
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I were driving around on a sunday and we were pretty hungry, but nothing seemed to be opeend untill we saw this place. I read "German Bakery" and knew we had to try it. I got a turkey sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie, and she got a ham sandwich and a pastry. All for only $8, and everything was awesome. Satisfied our hunger and sweet tooth.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hello Friends
I have been in the Hospitality biz for over 30 years and I used to train people for the Ritz Carlton Hotel chains. I had a very successful supper club that I owned for over 15 years.
So I think I know how to treat a customer.
I was with my 3-year daughter and was embarrassed by the woman behind the counter.
I went to Cafe Mozart at 9:03 am to get 3 slices of strudel for my daughter,myself and my 80 year old Korean War Veteran Father who just lost his wife 2 months ago. I wanted to share something nice with my dad and his granddaughter that would ease some of his pain.
I asked for 3 slices and was told there was no more. I called to the attention of the woman that there on the counter, was (3) 2 foot strudels. She rudely interrupted me before I could finish my sentence and said that once the pre-cut slices where sold that they have no more.
I was confused to why this was there policy and she just repeated even LOUDER the same thing. I was the only person in the store and asked her to please make an exception for this was the last day we where visiting my Father before we drove over 300 miles back home.
She just repeated even LOUDER the same thing. My little girl became frightened, so I stopped my verbal exchange with the woman to assure my 3 year old ( in her ear whispering ) that everything was going to be ok and not to be scared of the very loud person.
Amanda responded well to my reassurance and I asked the woman for 3 pieces of another pastery.I was served with a scowl on her face and was then stared down by what I think was a chef who came from the back kitchen, who obviously her my persistent but politely worded request.
I calmly walked out after paying and said Happy New Year so my little girl would think everything was ok.When we got to the car she asked me
" Daddy why was that man mad at you? ". I just shrugged my shoulders and changed the subject to make her laugh.
When we got home Dad was happy for the gesture and thanked me for the effort, but also said that the strudel used to be allot better. I agreed and I told him in private what had happened we both agreed that that was no way to behave in front a child, or treat a customer weather your a mom and pop store or a corporation. We vowed to NEVER,NEVER go back there again. I personally think that if your going to behave in such a way then quit.
I know there are plenty of people that really want to work and need to work that are more pleasant.
And if you are an owner and act this way. RETIRE!
One day you will run into the wrong person that just might do something nasty to you or your so-called stale bakery. I think they are still angry because of World War II. My wife will contact all authorities ,B.B.B, Consumers Affairs and so on.
People it's not worth the trip!

Thanks and
GOOD LUCK IN THE NEW YEAR!

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very cozy with to die for treats all around! Very cheap and great staff (you get the feeling of mom and pop ownership). The only thing that's "bad" is they close too early! Try them when you can! They even have a drive thru!!!