“Fantastico!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place is part of a chain of restaurants across the US. The food is quite simply delicious: well prepared with fresh ingredients and really tasty. Best of all, and unlike so many so-called Italian eateries in the US, the pasta is al dente rather than mush! WE had the seafood pasta: a plateful of firm spaghetti topped with clams, mussels and shrimp, with tomatoes, garlic and oil. Simple but delicious. Go on a Thursday and there's the added treat of 50% off any bottle of wine. Their Orvieto is delicious: crisp, clean and eminently quaffable.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Well, since the last visit... I figured I ponder in to see if much had changed since my last visit....long, long ago. A little progress...but then the brakes screeched abruptly! I asked for Lemon/Limes in my water when the server approached a cutting board in the dining area,,,picked up the fresh looking with her bare hands and starting cutting them before dropping them in my water. I don't know about you...but I was really grossed out with her touching items like that then me drinking what she had touched. Also, the Lemons/Limes were exposed to any patron, server and etc...where there were people coughing as they passed by only making this matter worst. I have given this establishment more than a handful of tries. Now it is time to move on to a Italian master that starts with a C, never to return back to Mac Grill.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The food is not consistent. The service was terrible. The food is good, but we did not get what we ordered -twice in a row. Not our first choice on the go anymore.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We took our family here last night and it was just plain average. We were seated right away but it took over 5 min's for anyone else to approach the table. We eventually got a plate with bread on it but there were no little plates to serve it on and no glasses to drink the water they gave us. Overall, it was 10 min's or more before we were approached for a drink order and in fact - we gave the enitre order at once since we had waited for so long. I got the penne rustica, my fave, and it was dried out. I was disappointed. It seems as if it was sitting under the heating lamp or in the oven too long. It was just "okay". Everyone else enjoyed their meals. Just really slow service.
The booth we sat in was all ripped up and then patched with generic square fabric blocks and the "pleather" was cracked and hurt my dughters rear end (as she ended up sitting on the cracked area).
Staff was friendly, however...just slow.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Arrived there during the evening hours. The atmosphere was warm and inviting with its lighting arrangement. We were particularly fond of the customer service provided. If it was a one-time great customer service because of the person that attended us in particular then I would have to verify next time with someone else. She offered advice on setting up a three-course meal which turned out nice. I was not amused by the main course. The presentation was not the best and the flavor was kind of shadowed by a bit of burnt flavor. I would go back to give it another shot. On a last note, if you go, I recomment the Zuchinni Fritts appetizer...presentation was nice and it had a unique flavor and texture. Bon apetite!