“Durrrrr--It's Not Just About the Food”
Review of Chattaway

Chattaway
Ranked #79 of 907 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Jacksonville, Florida
“Durrrrr--It's Not Just About the Food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Does Chattaway have the best burger? The best chicken basket? It depends on your definition of best. If your definition includes decent food with good service in a funky setting (sometimes with live entertainment), then you're going to be very, very happy with the Chattaway. I grew up eating at Chattaway (I'm nearing 50 now) and, since moving away, I try to visit every time I come back. Yeah, for me, it's one of the "best" places to eat in St. Pete-or anywhere for that matter.

• Visited September 2012

usa
“Nice evening , outside dining w live music”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Friday night we took our pooch out for dinner at this great establishment. Food was good, service great and there was live music which made the evening great.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Poor customer relations”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The owner was exceptionally rude and condescending. I have eaten there many times before and enjoyed the food, however on my recent visit I had a question, spoke with the owner and was met with condescension, not very appetizing at all.

Visited October 2012
“Jill is very Smugg and down rite RUDE!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Jill is very RUDE, she has little or no respect for customers... Most of the staff and family members go behind her back to straighten out her mess... By then, it is usually too late !!! I and my family of 5 have been going there for 10 yrs. Never had a problem till I crossed paths with the crazy owner Jill !!! That night we ordered 2 steak dinners... One hour later we were still waiting... Steaks were never cooked, we asked for the bill and for a manger... And here comes the nut case JILL demanding we pay our 7.00 bill or she would call the police, no apology for for the time wasted on our meal... Even took time out of her busy day to correct my lack of proper english, I informed her I was from the South, and was sure she understood me !!! Other staff and the family were wonderfull !!! They Tried thier best to take care of us, but it was too late after Jills Smug attitude. I am sure they will surive my family of five not eating there once a week, but I will never spend another dime there ! We ended up at El Caps on 4th street north and service was in a timley manner and the owner was very apprecitive we were there. No one should put up with crazy people !!!

2 Thank onetuffwabbit
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun funky and great food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Had a great lunch with friends. The food was great and the sangria was delicious. Loved the atmoshere