“Best in Mexican Food in St Petersburg area”

Carmelita's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We've tried so many Mexican food restaurants and until now have been disappointed. Although some were okay Carmelita's is terrific.I enjoyed the a Taco, Tostado and small burrito and i tasted each one! I say this because often I can't tell them apart. Sangria was also tasty. A little sweet for my taste but my husband liked it.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Good service, nice staff. Unfortunately poor tasting mexican food. Margarita tasted like it was from a mixer. The food had no flavor, we didn't take home our left overs.

1  Thank Alyssa B
Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you like Taco bell.. Don't go here! This place is fresh and fun. Everything taste fresh made to order. The Sangria is great also. If you go on the right night, you may be serenaded.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Carmelita's is a chain of Mexican restaurants. I ate at the one on Park Street. The food had layers of flavor. The waiter asked at the beginning if we wanted mild or hot I chose mild,my friend chose hot. Our food came out seasoned the way we like it. Each sauce is is made with special spices and flavorings. The food was delicious. Service was very good on a Friday night.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by friends and they did not disappoint. The food is fresh, hot and priced very reasonable. It was busy when we went on a Wednesday so if you have a large group, maybe call ahead. Not sure if they take reservations. The service was very good. The staff wear Mexican dress and the interior is decorated in Mexican décor. One of our best meals when we were in Florida.