“Excellent Lunch Spot”

Ranked #23 of 902 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Local burger restaurant. Large bar, beer and wine only. Won best burger Tampa bay 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Lunch Spot”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was another stop on our "Burgers of St. Pete" tour. Great sign that there was a line of people waiting for the location to open, always a nice touch. Its is a small restaurant, maybe 10 tables and a bar, so get there early if you want to eat. Selection of burgers is outstanding and very creative and the beers available are above and beyond, just a fantastic selection of craft beers. To be blunt this was a great lunch location, but in my humble opinion if you have an hour for lunch and craving a burger, the Avenue is the place to stop. However, this is a great alternate location, no complaints, highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014

St. Pete
“One of the top spots in St. Pete for a burger!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Like burgers? Whether you are just looking for a good classic cheeseburger or something more adventurous, this is the spot to go to. Burgers start around $10 and up and it is worth every bit of it! If you like spicy (and I do mean spicy) I recommend the "Resurrection". Another favorite is "One Bad Pig" with garlic pork, white cheddar, mustard braised onions, and pancetta or "Black and Blue" with Frank's hot sauce, blue cheese, and bacon. Don't forget the sweet potato fries- AMAZING! Helpful tips: The place is not really ideal for large parties or people with young children. If you sit in the back, your table has it's own television right there for your viewing pleasure. For starters, try the calamari or sriracha wings. They do have a vegetarian burger that I hear is pretty good. The beer list is not too shabby either!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“The little fire engine can put out your fiery appetite”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Deirdre, our server was a pleasant individual that was very attentive to rescuing our fiery appetite!
The black and blue burger was moist and cooked to perfection. It complemented well with the seasoned Sweet Potato fries. It is a quaint little joint and comfortable. There are other interesting items on the menu I would like to critique and that is the duck wings appetizer. I have had traditional wings...hmmm, but not duck wings. Will give them a try on my return.The pricing is comparable to Square One burgers. All in all a good visit. Off to explore other hidden, little gems along the fire route.

Madeira Beach, Florida
“Awesome burger”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Got the bacon, cheddar burger and it was perfectly cooked. Awesome fries and server. Will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2014
“Best wing and burger in the south!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We were referred here from a local we had met while stopping into some bar for a beer and we are very happy that we followed their recommendation!
We ordered the sriracha coated wings as an appetizer and they were easily the best wings we have ever had. Crisped to perfection with just the right amount of spice. No need for the blue cheese on the side.
I ordered the One bad pig burger and added some lettuce, pickle and onion just because I thought I needed a little freshness. My boyfriend ordered the heart attack. Both were amazing. My boyfriend wouldn't even let me try his!
Our waiter was helpful, friendly and extremely attentive SO if Tino is working he is your man. Try it out, it will not disappoint!