“Do yourself a favor”

Ranked #19 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Local burger restaurant. Large bar, beer and wine only. Won best burger Tampa bay 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

If you have children and you have never been to this restaurant, wake them up, pump them full of Mountain Dew and slap them upside the noggin for not telling you about this place before. Amazing burgers, great vibe, great beers and TVs at every table... Did I mention the list of all bottled beer is displayed via a projector on the wall? The burgers are the star of the show here, they are appointed with great care, inventive, Cooked perfect and delicious... Honestly, can't wait to go back to this joint. Exceptional.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Very fun place with friendly, laid back service. Awesome beer selection.
Note that this primarily a bar, that happens to have incredible food.
Went with my wife and 10-year old daughter for my birthday.
Not really an appropriate venue for kids younger than 10, in my opinion.

Menu concept and oversight provided by a Culinary Institute of Louisiana grad, and he puts a lot of care into this place. Started with calamari fries, which were THE BEST and most tender I've ever had. Very light Panko breadcrumb coating.

We are purists, so we just asked for old-fashioned cheeseburgers, and they were excellent.
Great meat, perfectly cooked, tasty bun, crisp toppings. Sweet potato and regular fries were crisp and flavorful. Also had incredible chocolate cake, which they bring in from a local bakery.

A little off-the-beaten path and a bit challenging to find, which made it better and more interesting in my opinion, but don't expect to walk around the neighborhood--it's dicey. Also note that every table has a TV, so between that and the sparse concrete interior, this place can be very LOUD.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Perhaps the best burger of my life!

Full bar with a great beer and wine selection.

I would give it five stars but, the noise level was almost intolerable. They could really use some area rugs or something on the walls to absorb sound and lessen the hard surfaces. Our group had to scream at each other across the table.

Be prepared to wait.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff at our hotel told us about this place on our January visit to St. Pete.... it was awesome! We purposely had friends meet us there when we returned to Florida in February... they were knocked out too. You won't be disappointed if you can find it....

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon Engine No. 9 to have a beer and watch the Blackhawks game. After enjoying some Goose Islands and watching the game, I went through the menu and had to try one of these delicious looking burgers. It was amazing! Since then, I have gone back for several more burgers! Each burger has been cooked to the perfect temperature and so delicious. The fries are amazing too. Make sure to get the fried pickles also. Staff is awesome and you can always watch the Blackhawks here! A must stop in St. Petersburg. You will not leave here hungry and I guarantee you will go back to try a different burger next time!