“GREATEST BURGERS IN TOWN!!”
Review of Engine No. 9

Engine No. 9
Ranked #19 of 898 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Local burger restaurant. Large bar, beer and wine only. Won best burger Tampa bay 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“GREATEST BURGERS IN TOWN!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff at our hotel told us about this place on our January visit to St. Pete.... it was awesome! We purposely had friends meet us there when we returned to Florida in February... they were knocked out too. You won't be disappointed if you can find it....

Visited January 2014

St. Croix
“Great staff and great burgers!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon Engine No. 9 to have a beer and watch the Blackhawks game. After enjoying some Goose Islands and watching the game, I went through the menu and had to try one of these delicious looking burgers. It was amazing! Since then, I have gone back for several more burgers! Each burger has been cooked to the perfect temperature and so delicious. The fries are amazing too. Make sure to get the fried pickles also. Staff is awesome and you can always watch the Blackhawks here! A must stop in St. Petersburg. You will not leave here hungry and I guarantee you will go back to try a different burger next time!

Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Best Burger on the Planet!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We are visiting our daughter in St. Petersburg. Since we live on the East Coast of Florida we decided to try something different and not fish. The specialty at Engine 9 are hamburgers and these are the best and the most different that I have every tasted. The flavors and combinations are too many to mention. You will mot be disappointed. The only have a few booths and table tops so you may have to wait but it is well worth it. Delicious food , great service and beautifully presented.

“Amazing Burgers!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The burgers were huge and there was a lot of different choices, some very unusual. My friend had a burger made of giant shrimp and said it was great. My tex mex burger was awesome. We all had different burgers and no one was disappointed. The sweet potato fries were cooked perfectly, really yummy.

Visited January 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Delish Burgers, Great People”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My friends had told me about Engine No. 9 in downtown St. Pete and I'd wanted to try it for quite some time. Since my source was a vegetarian, I knew I'd be able to go to this renowned burger joint with a friend who wasn't veg and not starve, so I gave it a shot. I'm really glad I did, because it wasn't at all like what I expected!

You walk in to the entrance of Engine No. 9 on MLK Jr. St. (not 1st Ave. N, where the misleading back entrance is) and it's a long bar with red interiors, good beer on draft including Southern Tier's Pumking, and every booth or group table has a small plasma screen TV to go with it; which I thought I wouldn't enjoy, but it wasn't so bad and I can definitely see myself going there to watch a game and have dinner with friends in a more intimate atmosphere than a traditional sports bar.

The menu is predominantly burgers, about 12 or so of them that all come with an angus beef burger, but they do have a vegetarian sandwich called the Thin Lizzy which has Grilled Portebella, Truffled Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onion, Roasted Red Peppers, Zucchini and Pesto on Multigrain Grilled Bread. Since the pesto and goat cheese aren't vegan, I asked our server whether or not they had any other dressings or sauces to put on it, but then she said "Well I'm a vegan and I like it just fine without any sauces." AHHHHHHH is that the sound of heaven? I love that there was a vegan working in a burger place-I ordered the Thin Lizzy without the dairy with tater tots on the side. Yes, they have tater tots! And the carnivore I was dining with had a "Heart Attack burger" which couldn't be more opposite from what I ordered and has a fried egg, three slices of American cheese, four slices of bacon and chipotle mayo on an angus patty; they had tots as well.

My meal was very good- The sandwich was light and veggie lovin' and because it had onions on it, and onions creates their own type of sauce when you cook them, it worked out that I didn't have any cheese or pesto. Overall? Our service was fantastic, the food was great, atmosphere was an intimate, dark sports bar and the beer on tap was delish and from Upstate NY (yes I'm biased, no I'm not ashamed). I will definitely be going back and definitely recommend it to friends who are vegan and especially ones who are the lone vegan in their group, because your friends who love sports and burgers will really love it as well.

• Visited October 2013