TripAdvisor
St. Petersburg
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best Cuban Sandwich and Wonderful, Friendly Service”

Bodega Comida Cantina Cafe
Ranked #3 of 1,110 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

We decided to check this bodega out based on reviews I had read while searching for the best Cuban.

We arrived shortly after it opened for lunch, and within 10 minutes after we had arrived and ordered there was a line of about 20 people! This place is not a secret!

Although I went for the Cuban, I was inquiring about other items on the menu. The person taking the order at the counter was extremely patient, friendly, and helpful. I ordered the Cuban and beans and rice. Almost more than I could eat.

This was the best Cuban I've had and the service was great.

The server mentioned as I was leaving and thanking them for the service that there was good and bad news for me. The good news is I just had the very best Cuban - the bad news is every time I have a Cuban somewhere else, I will likely say - "it's good, but not like....". I've already had one such experience.

So glad I went out of my way to find and try this place. Will definitely return when we are back in the area.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (595)

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

Had lunch here before a Rays day game. I loved the vegetarian plate which was black beans and rice with plantains and tofu that was very flavorful. You order on the sidewalk and we sat at outside tables. Food delivered to us. Friends had Cuban sandwiches which they enjoyed. Definitely want to go back. Very friendly staff. Easy walk to Tropicana Field.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 26, 2019

Recommended by a friend for the best Cuban Sandwich. We were not disappointed. We all (4) ordered the Cuban and were all very pleased. Also ordered the black beans and rice which also were delicious. The quality of the food was worth the 30 minute wait.. $8.50 for a sandwich, $ 5. 00 for a side of beans and rice. Next time just the sandwich for me since I could not finish the beans and rice.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

Great location and easy access. Many amazing choices ... something for everyone. We will share this gem with all of our friends!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

This is the quintessential place to go for a Cuban sandwich in St Pete. The full plates with rice, beans, and plantians are awesome as well, always busy with good reason.