TripAdvisor
St. Petersburg
Post
Inbox
Search

“Wonderful Walk Up Sidewalk Cafe”

Bodega Comida Cantina Cafe
Ranked #3 of 1,096 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed March 19, 2019

We are vegetarians and love the menu choices. Friends love the Pollo sandwich. All good. Try a Market salad too with a cafecita or a beer.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (594)

Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

We had gone biking through St. Petersburg. After 11 miles of biking, we were looking for a quick bite to eat with beer!

We went to the The Green Bench Brewery. They recommended this Cuban cafe right across the street. We ordered take outs and took it to the brewery to eat!

It was delicious and convenient.

The chicken plate with beans and plantain was awesome. Some in our group had Cuban sandwich and loved it. Finally, their cabbage slaw is very good and a great way to add some veggies to your drier.

I was encouraged to see vegan options including Tofu and Tempeh.

Reviewed February 13, 2019

My wife and I are vacationing in the Indian Shores area and a friend of ours mentioned this restaurant to us for the best "Cuban Sandwich" which we both had and liked very much......I had a side of black beans and my wife tried the jicama salad and loved the freshness, and the flavor. We could have split a sandwich with the side, but opted to take home leftovers which were good that night. The cafe is small and busy for lunch, but found seating inside at the counter......there is outside seating in the front and rear of the cafe. The area has several eateries and quaint shops and places to have drinks and hang out. When back in the area would stop for another item on the menu :)

Reviewed February 12, 2019

This is my favorite go-to local spot for a Cuban sandwich in St. Pete. The food is great and it's has a great atmosphere. It's casual and fun and a don't miss for anyone who visits here.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

My visits to St Pete are all about finding great Cubans and decent Po'Boys. (I know; that's not a Florida thing---but two years ago I discovered several great Po'Boys out in the Largo area.) If a place has great rice and beans on top of either of those, I'm pretty much in heaven. Bodega delivers. Awesome food at a simple, takeout stand with outdoor seating. We were there in the evening, and the music from the place across the street was focused on Michael Jackson---it made for a very pleasant evening.