Tripadvisor

“FIRST TIMER”

Bodega Comida Cantina Cafe
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed February 13, 2019

My wife and I are vacationing in the Indian Shores area and a friend of ours mentioned this restaurant to us for the best "Cuban Sandwich" which we both had and liked very much......I had a side of black beans and my wife tried the jicama salad and loved the freshness, and the flavor. We could have split a sandwich with the side, but opted to take home leftovers which were good that night. The cafe is small and busy for lunch, but found seating inside at the counter......there is outside seating in the front and rear of the cafe. The area has several eateries and quaint shops and places to have drinks and hang out. When back in the area would stop for another item on the menu :)

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (611)

Reviewed February 12, 2019

This is my favorite go-to local spot for a Cuban sandwich in St. Pete. The food is great and it's has a great atmosphere. It's casual and fun and a don't miss for anyone who visits here.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

My visits to St Pete are all about finding great Cubans and decent Po'Boys. (I know; that's not a Florida thing---but two years ago I discovered several great Po'Boys out in the Largo area.) If a place has great rice and beans on top of either of those, I'm pretty much in heaven. Bodega delivers. Awesome food at a simple, takeout stand with outdoor seating. We were there in the evening, and the music from the place across the street was focused on Michael Jackson---it made for a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed February 9, 2019

This is not really a sit down restaurant, more like a walk up window, The food was just OK and to be honest I had a better sub sandwich at the local Publix. It is a fun place and I was happy we went.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

I stopped here for the first time and, overall, had a good experience. I didn’t find the staff to be very friendly, but I found the food to be delicious. The plantains were incredible and the Cuban sandwich tasted similar to other great Cubans I’ve tried. Not the best, but similar. It’s a tiny place with good vibes and reasonable prices.

Date of visit: January 2019