“COLLEGE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“COLLEGE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the only place I order from when it comes to pizza. I have lived in NY for a few years and have not had good pizza in a long time until I moved to the area and came across Westshore!

Visited November 2012

St. Petersburg
“Philly girl review”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Born and raised in South Philly home of the Pat's and Geno's (my uncle use to be the manager at Pat Steaks when I was growing up) so I know a thing or two about cheesesteaks. It's in my blood. Unfortunately for West Shore to advertise that they "bring the taste of Philly to Florida" is joke. For taste testing one day I ordered one Italian hoagie, one cheese steak, and a pizza. I was sadly disappointed. I never went back. When I see that guy twirling his sign in my neighborhood I want to throw a shoe at him so he can get a REAL taste of Philly. LOL

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hoover, Alabama
“Probably the best and most consistent pizza in St. Petersburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

St. Petersburg is not noted for its great pizza places. The chains do a nice business here, and the little mom and pop shops never seem to make it. Westshore Pizza falls in between mom and pop and a chain. Yes, it is a local chain, but the pizza is very good. I think they are the most consistent in turning out a very good pizza. OK, so it is not NYC or Chi-town pizza. But you have to appreciate a place that turns out pizza you can depend on time after time.
We like to dine in on Friday, when a large cheese and a pitcher of beer are $12 (dine-in only). Try beating that in NYC!
The crust is slightly crisp on the bottom and chewy on the outside edge. The bottom is never burned or under cooked. Their sauce reminds me of NYC pizza. Their staff is courtious and they seem to care about turning out a good product.
I have not had their pasta, but they have a couple of choices. Thier desserts are very good, but prepared off-site at a local bakery.
For lunch, they have a 2-slice and a drink deal, which would be great for a pizza fix if I worked in the area.
All in all, this is about as good as pizza gets in St. Petersburg, and it is very good. Not excellent like some NYC pizza, but they could hold their own in Mahattan. I have had much worse on Broadway.

Visited April 2012
Tampa, Florida
“GREAT philly cheese steak. Decent pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

love the online ordering system. Very fast. They deliver good consistent NY Style pizza. Philly cheese steak (surprisingly)

Visited May 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
“love this pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

This is my favorite pizza place in St. Pete. It is close by, the pizza is typically good and the price is right. I love the crust, the sauce is good and they use a good bit of cheese.

• Visited October 2011