“Superb menu - Superb food - Fantastic prices”

Miller's Ale House St. Pete
Ranked #76 of 931 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Miller's St. Pete Ale House! Located by the Gateway Mall, the Ale House restaurant provides top-quality food at a great value. Can't decide between a steak, fresh seafood or Buffalo wings? Our restaurant menu has it all - from New York Strip to lobster, original pastas to fresh salads, and favorites like Zingers(R) boneless wings and homemade desserts. Our full-service bar features more than 75 beers, as well as wine and liquor. St. Pete Ale House is your casual neighborhood tavern. Bring the family, watch the game with friends, lunch with co-workers - however you come to relax, you will have a good time and great food at the St. Petersburg Ale House.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great wide variety of food selections, weekly specials, and fantastic prices.
Be sure to leave room for Captain Jack's dessert, or even his brother!!!!

Biggest tip....women - be sure to sit on the outside of a booth so the femaile waitresses keep their hands OFF your man! This happened on 3 separate visits, and one of those my bff was with me and witnessed it. I spoke to the manager at the time of leaving. Our next trip back...hardly any female waitresses! Much better experience!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank ACS33607

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Miller's Ale House is fairly near my office, so I go there on a pretty regular basis -- once or twice a month. It is, apologetically, a sports bar and restaurant. The place is clean, lots of TVs, and the service is consistently good to excellent. When I go solo, I like to sit at the bar, as there are usually a few other friendly people who are willing to strike up a conversation.

One item that really stands out is a dessert, the Captain Jack ice cream pie. It is a wonderful pie of ice cream and fudge goodness. They have a peanut butter version, too. If you join their "club" (i.e. give them your e-mail address), they will send you a coupon for a free Captain Jack dessert for your birthday.

The menu is large. There are lots of options for steak and seafood in addition to the usual bar food, sandwiches and burgers. There's a selection of "Lighter Fare" items and Raw Bar items. My youngest son prefers the burgers at Ale House over anywhere else in the area, even a few places famous for burgers. He also loves the "Big Red," a sandwich of a fried chicken breast dipped in Buffalo wing sauce. There are menu items influenced by Asian, Italian and Mexican cuisines. There's Pizza and Pasta, Jambalaya and Ossobuco on the menu.

I have had the seafood mac & cheese, which I liked, but I wouldn't say it was anything special. They have weekly specials for things like Ribs and Prime Rib and Lobster -- pretty good special prices on these items. I thought the Ribs were good, the Lobster was OK.

They have a large selection of salads -- I have been on a low carb diet for a few months, and I really like the Cobb Salad, with Blackened Shrimp and Chicken, Cheddar and Bleu Cheese, Egg and Bacon, Tomato, cucumber and onion on the lettuce. The only complaint is that the ingredients are laid out to look pretty, but that means you have to make a little bit of a mess when you pour on dressing and mix it up. I wish some of the ingredients were cut up a little more.

As a sports bar, they must have the obligatory wings, which are good. Ale House actually features "Zingers," instead of "boneless wings" (and let's be truthful -- Boneless wings are really just chicken nuggets. Nobody takes bones out of wings.) The Zingers are really chicken tenders rather than nuggets, which you can cover in any of the usual sauces. There is the "Zinger Mountain Melt," one massive plate of Zingers and fries and cheese with bacon bits, which is horrible for you but pretty tasty. AND they offer Zingers grilled if you are trying to watch calories or fat or carbs.

I have found the service to be consistently good, with a few servers who are especially good and friendly. This place is not exactly fine dining, but if you want a good neighborhood kind of place with good food and service, Miller's Ale House fits.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The problem with the Ale House chain is it tries to be too many things at once. But for a quick cheap lunch it's pretty good. This location is clean and the service is excellent. I have gone multiple times in the last 8 years, and never had an issue with service or cleanliness. I usually go for lunch and their lunch menu is very well priced with tasty options. The tv placement is good, but not great. It's great value for the amount of food you get, but none of the food is great, just pretty good.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had the british burger. It was average. I had the fat tyre beer which was okay. Atmosphere and service were okay. At least it was not too loud.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We go there every Monday because the rack of ribs are on for less than $10 and the beer is 2$ a glass, if you get there before 5PM. The ribs are done to perfection and fall off the bone. I have to thank Julia M, our server who greeted us with a wonderful smile and pleasant attitude, she made our stay a great experience. we will be back again.