“Excellent Meal”

Ranked #108 of 963 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We're a local restaurant and sports bar located on Martin Luther King Jr. Street N. by the Gateway Mall between 83rd Avenue North and 77th Avenue North, right between Coast Dental & Orthodontics and CVS Pharmacy. Come hang out, watch sports, be yourself and enjoy the company of others without breaking the bank. We are known for our wide variety of freshly prepared dishes, and daily lunch, dinner and cocktail specials. From Filet Mignon and original pasta dishes to fresh salads and our signature fresh, boneless chicken Zingers tossed in your favorite sauces, our extensive menu offers something for everyone. With over 75 beer varieties, including sought-after foreign imports and craft brews, signature cocktail pitchers and loads of specialty drinks, we have you covered any day of the week.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We go there every Monday because the rack of ribs are on for less than $10 and the beer is 2$ a glass, if you get there before 5PM. The ribs are done to perfection and fall off the bone. I have to thank Julia M, our server who greeted us with a wonderful smile and pleasant attitude, she made our stay a great experience. we will be back again.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Clean. Good food. Our waitress however,had quite an attitude. She was at times condescending which made it hard to find anything good about her. Luckily the food was tasty. Of note, we were given two free desserts ( we were a group of 7) because it was our first visit there.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant several times over the past few years and have always enjoyed the good food, friendliness and cleanliness of the establishment. Located on Martin Luther King Jr, North (aka 9th street N) it is also a sports bar. They have daily specials and their Monday night special of BBQ ribs are delicious. In the sea food line they also have specials on lobster, great fish dishes and a delicious shrimp scampi. Everything fits the budget as well. It is our number one place to eat in St. Petersburg.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very large menu. I take my mom to lunch "every" Sunday and she picks the place. and picks this restaurant at least once a month, sometimes more often. Very mad the pulled pork sandwich was removed from the menu !! Really this the south put it back on ! My mom has had burgers to steak and no 2 times is the same item ordered on one visit plated the same next time. I would say do not order the prim rib sandwich she has always sent it back and it comes back worse ! I do not eat "beef" and they took the pull pork off the menu so I get the chicken. Ordered the chicken philly a few months ago, it was really good, but the last 3 times it was not ! Grilled chicken is not very good, kind of reminds me of a frozen breast heated on the grill and has no flavor or seasoning !! Buffalo chicken is ok , the hot sauce pretty much takes over. Oysters on the half-shell one time they are tiny next time jumbo ! The famous nachos, do not get this !! all chips very little toppings and the salsa must be out of a "can" and the chicken on it tasted so bad like it was simply boiled chicken no seasonings !! I like the sweet potato fries but you pay an up charge to get them ( 99 cents )
So the 25+ times ( jan 2013 to jan 2014) I can't say they have anything outstanding it is just a hit and miss and hope for the best ! ( but ) Service is always good !!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Visited St Petersburg for the first time and was brought here by a local. It was bad; service was quick and friendly. Had the seafood mac n cheese and fish and chips. the mac n cheese was a bit oily but good portion. I didn't try the fish and chips and was told it was really good as the plate was cleaned out. We ordered to go two days later and the fish taco I had was okay. It lacked a bit of seasoning and the fish was a bit dried out. The fries I had were cold but I'm not sure if it's because of the 10 minute drive back or it wasn't cooked well. The price of the food was good considering the portion size.