“It's ok, beer is good”

Ranked #72 of 904 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Miller's St. Pete Ale House! Located by the Gateway Mall, the Ale House restaurant provides top-quality food at a great value. Can't decide between a steak, fresh seafood or Buffalo wings? Our restaurant menu has it all - from New York Strip to lobster, original pastas to fresh salads, and favorites like Zingers(R) boneless wings and homemade desserts. Our full-service bar features more than 75 beers, as well as wine and liquor. St. Pete Ale House is your casual neighborhood tavern. Bring the family, watch the game with friends, lunch with co-workers - however you come to relax, you will have a good time and great food at the St. Petersburg Ale House.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“It's ok, beer is good”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Serivce was slow and food didn't come out right. Beer got warm because service was slow and they sent me a comp for a free app in the mail. went back and this time it was way better. thank you and will be back!

Visited November 2011

South Florida
“Bad service, bad food, noisy”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We sat at the bar this evening to avoid waiting for a table. It started with the drinks. My husband ordered a drink with pineapple juice , cranberry and rum. It tasted rank! And he orders this almost everywhere with no problems. We thought it must be bad pineapple juice, so we asked them to remake with orange juice, and that solved the problem. He ordered the Sat night special- Steak and Fried lobster tail combo. It came with steak and fried shrinp, so we sent the shrinp back and when he was almost finished with the rest of his dinner, the lobster replacement arrived. ( very greasy and SPICY). I ordered grilled grouper, with citrus berre blanc sauce, and baked potato. The potato was cold, and my husbands was hot! How does that happen.? Served with a side of sour cream and NO butter.
My fish was undercooked and the sauce was so horrible. Like a white gelatenous yuk from a package, who knows? At this point I was afraid to return anything else for fear of having it "tampered with" by spiteful kitchen staff (I've heard the stories).
On top of it, the service was horrible. There were 4 bartenders behind the bar, and they were so unattentive. Socializing with one another, cutting lemons, instead of filling drinks, etc......Well, with all the restaurants to choose from in Ft Laud, I surely wont be choosing this one again.

• Visited February 2012
Seminole, Florida
“Good food, fair prices, service... not so much”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

If I didn't have my taste buds set on pork osso buco, and that we drove 30 minutes for it, I probably would have left...

The menu has a nice selection, the food is good at a fair price but the service???

I have been to the Ale House, St. Pete several times before and have noticed the last few visits have noticed the service has declined. I know it's a sports bar, but we sat way too long before being acknowledged.

• Visited January 2012
New York
“Good bar food, family friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Wide menu variety, lots of space in the booths, reasonably priced too. Server was pleasant.

“Great portions for the price”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family and I went here for the day and were ok with the prices... Then we saw the portions Wow! I got the fish and chips I was happy with the taste it was good but wow loved the portions. Well recommend to friends.