“Always consistent”

Ranked #50 of 902 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Proud to be family owned and operated since 1978! Mid Peninsula Seafood is a one stop complete seafood market and restaurant. We have two fresh fish showcases brimming with at least seven different species of fresh finfish, several sizes of shrimp, along with a wide selection of shellfish and other seafood specialties. You can purchase fresh seafood of your choice from our friendly staff, and either bring it home to your own kitchen, or let us cook it for you - by the piece, by the pound, or check out our menu.We are dedicated to providing the freshest selection of both wild caught and sustainable farm-raised seafood, along with home made accompaniments such as soup from scratch, various salads, and of course our homemade desserts. All brought to you with a side of friendly service and personal attention.Stop by or call today, and check out what's fresh!
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Always consistent”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a business that has been around for 30+ years by the same owner who I had the pleasure of meeting.
This is a nice little Seafood place tucked away. It sells fresh and prepared seafood. It also prepares food to take home for you to cook. This includes crab cakes and also seafood dips. They also sell home made cakes and pies.
It is not a fancy place however you can also eat in which I see quite a few people do and they also sell alcohol.
The only day that they are close are on Sundays and somedays I wish they were open then.
Their workers are well trained and know what they are doing. You can also call your order in or come in and wait. I always choose to wait to make sure my order is cooking fresh. Sometimes I have to wait for a while if they are busy however I do not mind. If they are not busy I do not wait that long.
This place is nothing fancy however you will enjoy the food.

• Visited June 2014

Tennessee
“Very Good”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The food was very good and the owners made us feel very welcome. The live music was a little too loud. It was more concert volume than comfortable dining.

• Visited May 2014
St Petersburg
“Never Better.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I must say this little place is a gem. The food was very, very good. The service was excellent. Kiko was a pleasant and enjoyable person to do business with. He knows his fish. My wife and I visited because I was having a fried fish jones. I needed some fish and chips. We had seafood gumbo, perfect heat and perfect mix of all things that make a great gumbo. Liked it so much, I got some to travel before we left. They have a really tasty New England clam chowder. Really tasty! I had Alaskan Pollock and the wife had catfish. 1/2 lb of delicious fried heaven. The coating was light and added to the overall flavor. Along with your entry you can have either rice pilaf or steak fries. They also throw in corn puppies and creamy coleslaw. I have now made this my new favorite place to get my seafood fix. They have island music on Friday and Saturday nights. You can find them on face book with lots of pictures. It will give you a feel for the place. On facebook type in : mid peninsula seafood market and restaurant. They now are the holders of Trip Advisor Excellent Service pin. It is now displayed on Kiko's very orange polo shirt.

• Visited May 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous !”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Tired of eating in tourist traps , then this is the place to go ! Great food, great atmosphere .
I had the blackened salmon over rice pilaf , fabulous . After 'restaurant' food' all week , it really hit the spot. This is not a fancy place but great prices and great food. Order at the counter, sit at a table in the back, help yourself to condiments . Loved it !

• Visited April 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Best Conch Fritters EVER.”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This little seafood market has a wonderful feature...a small dining room. You place your order at the counter in the seafood market and take a seat in the contiguous dining room. Your meal is brought into you when ready. Fried oysters have a light, delicate batter. Shrimp are plump & perfectly done. Many choices of fresh fish. Ice cold beer. Cracked conch, when available. Conch salad (similar to a ceviche), when the conch is available but the most remarkable thing on the menu is conch fritters.

I've had conch fritters at many, many places throughout the Bahamas, the Florida Keys and south Florida. On a scale of one to ten, the Mid-Peninsula conch fritters are an eleven.

• Visited April 2014