“Ok, but overpriced”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok, but overpriced”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food is quite good here, but not much of a selection other than pork, pork, and pork. Maybe one fish dish available daily, but they seem to really like port, since most and I do mean MOST plates are pork. Also, it is costly to eat there. If you are a couple, do not plan on spending less that $50.00 per couple!

Visited January 2013

“Cafe Vienna,Big Disappointment”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friends and I made the mistake of comparing the Cafe Vienna with the now closed "Berliner Cafe" of Treasure Island. (Owners moved back to Germany)
My opinion and that of the 3 persons that joined me, give the restaurant ONE star.
I do not consider myself Chef Ramsey, but I've eaten enough german food to know quality, taste and value. The mixed salad was good, but that's where it all ended.The bread had to come from the local 7-11 convenience store, terrible! What ever happened to the good old "german hard rolls" with a crusty exterior and soft inside or dark "pumpernickel" rye bread? Something that enhances a meal.
The "red cabbage" was tasteless and my entree "Saurerbraten" was bland. It tasted like they marinated it during a 30 second commercial. The dumplings looked and tasted like the "hush puppies" at PoFolks. But, all of us agreed on one thing, we wouldn't be back.

• Visited February 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Cafe Vienna is the Place to Be”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My business is right across the street from Cafe Vienna, and I'm affraid to say that it took me a few months to finally make it over. Since my first visit I have become more than a regular. When they say from scratch they mean it. Best Escargots I have ever had. My favorite dinner is the Jaeger Schnitzel, th spaetzle is out of this world. Leave room for their fantastic desserts, come with friends so that you can each order something different and share. Once you have been in they remember your name forever. You feel so welcome by everyone in the place, that even other customers will start talking to you. FANTASTIC! I now go all of the time so don't let the visit date fool you.

• Visited February 2012
“What a delight!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We are new to the area and this place caught my eye for some reason and then I purchased a Geoupon for it. I'm happy to say it was delightful!

It was a sweet, old world charm restaurant with what appeared to be a very authentic menu. The staff was wonderful and made GREAT recommendations and our dinner was even better! Each entree came with bread and soup or salad. My husband had the Tomato soup and I had the salad. The soup was CLEARLY homemade and delicious. The salad was in 4 parts in a way. There were homemade pickled beets (which I actually enjoyed!), beans, cole slaw (vinegar dressing) and a green salad with a sour cream dressing. It was probably not something I'd order if I read the description on a menu but it was great!

For dinner I had the (excuse any German spelling errors) viener schnitzel with a side of the brown sauce, per the waiter's suggestion and my husband has the jäger schnitzel which was also delicious.

It was very clear that the meals were all homemade. No frozen food in their kitchen, how refreshing!!!!

I think their prices are a bit to high to make this place a regular place to dine out but considering everything is home made, the staff and decor are great and the restaurant is too darn cute we will get bak as often as we can!

1 Thank Ahansen03
Clearwater, Florida
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband likes German food, I personally have a difficult time finding something that I would eat in a German restaurant. Much to my surprise there were several things on the menu for me to choose from. I had the wild salmon with a dill sauce and my husband had a veal dish, Schnitzel Holstein. We had a salad and a creamy tomato soup also. Everything was delicious and fresh! The portions were very generous, & the service was excellent.
We would definitely recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank regolg3dance