“What a delight!”

Cuisines: German, Austrian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We are new to the area and this place caught my eye for some reason and then I purchased a Geoupon for it. I'm happy to say it was delightful!

It was a sweet, old world charm restaurant with what appeared to be a very authentic menu. The staff was wonderful and made GREAT recommendations and our dinner was even better! Each entree came with bread and soup or salad. My husband had the Tomato soup and I had the salad. The soup was CLEARLY homemade and delicious. The salad was in 4 parts in a way. There were homemade pickled beets (which I actually enjoyed!), beans, cole slaw (vinegar dressing) and a green salad with a sour cream dressing. It was probably not something I'd order if I read the description on a menu but it was great!

For dinner I had the (excuse any German spelling errors) viener schnitzel with a side of the brown sauce, per the waiter's suggestion and my husband has the jäger schnitzel which was also delicious.

It was very clear that the meals were all homemade. No frozen food in their kitchen, how refreshing!!!!

I think their prices are a bit to high to make this place a regular place to dine out but considering everything is home made, the staff and decor are great and the restaurant is too darn cute we will get bak as often as we can!

1 Thank Ahansen03

Clearwater, Florida
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband likes German food, I personally have a difficult time finding something that I would eat in a German restaurant. Much to my surprise there were several things on the menu for me to choose from. I had the wild salmon with a dill sauce and my husband had a veal dish, Schnitzel Holstein. We had a salad and a creamy tomato soup also. Everything was delicious and fresh! The portions were very generous, & the service was excellent.
We would definitely recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank regolg3dance
Tampa, Florida
“Can't believe more people don't know about this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Fresh. Made from scratch. Flavorful. AMAZING German and Viennese food. This quaint little restuarant tucked away in a small strip center will definitely surprise you. If you like trying different types of foods...TRY IT. We had the filet stuffed with goat cheese and a pork dish with pepproncinis, that were both heavenly. The gnocchi with goat cheese sauce is incredible too. Big fan right here!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank PinkSugarShaker
Clearwater, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I ordered a steak and it was cooked as exactly as ordered, very tender and flavorful. The mushroom sauce on the steak tasted very good. The potatoes and vegetables served with the meal were cooked just right. The salad was fresh and well presented. The bread served with the meal was mediocre. I ordered nut cake for dessert and it was excellent. My girlfriend ordered apple strudel and she thought it was excellent as well. The service was professional and unpretentious. We thought the prices were reasonable. We would definitely return.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Thomsoni
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Interesting, Good Food, Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We came to this restaurant to get "German" food. And, yes, they do have many things which are what I'd normally call German food. But, they also have some unique and wonderful items. The restaurant appears to be a family run operation. We started with a salad which had a variety of of delicious items. My favorite was red cabbage. They had a spicy, cream based sauce for a pork entree (Zigeuner Schnitzel). This was very different from any thing I've had in German restaurants. They also had a great selection of other schnitzels. Finally, we tried a Viennese Nut Cake which was wonderful. The service was friendly, the prices were reasonable. Why not go there tonight? Oh yeah, they're about 1,000 mile away. But, next time I'm in St. Pete, you'll find me there.

• Visited September 2012