“I'd kiss my cousin for their pancakes”

Kissin' Cuzzins Neighborhood
Ranked #79 of 894 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orange, Texas
“I'd kiss my cousin for their pancakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I grabbed breakfast here while staying in the area and it was amazing. The portions were huge, and the food was delicious. We split some of their banana pecan pancakes along with their bacon and eggs. Very cheap and worth the wait. They move the line very fast.

Visited January 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Does not deserve the rating it has on tripadvisor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I'm not really sure why this place is so popular or so busy. Maybe I ordered wrong, maybe it was a mediocre day, but this really wasn't that great.

My girlfriend and I came for breakfast Saturday morning. I was surprised by the setup, but she had read some yelp reviews or tips and knew what to expect, but the lack of a wait list was weird to me - just having everyone stand in a roped off line until tables became available is an odd way to run a restaurant. We got there and there were maybe 4 or 5 groups ahead of us. It went reasonably quickly, though the table we were sat at was open the full 20+ minutes while we were waiting, which means any of the groups in front of us could have been sat faster. However, perhaps that server just got double sat or a large party sat or something and they were giving him a break.

Once we sat down, we were brought drinks pretty quickly, but otherwise, our server was not great. He was friendly and answered questions, but it took a while for him to show up each time he came by. To be fair, he was slammed, but the entire restaurant was slammed. Maybe they needed more people.

Girlfriend ordered a benedict, and the hollondaise (sp?) sauce was pure butter. Normally, I wouldn't call that a problem, but it didn't taste like it should. I ordered a scramble, and it was okay, but it was nothing I couldn't have made at home. And I know, most breakfasts can be made at home, but I hope for something - presentation, an ingredient, etc - that would make it different. This was just a lump of egg, onion and ham covered in cheese. Wasn't presented well at all, and it tasted okay at best. The hashbrowns were nothing special; no better then store bought, and not even as good as waffle house - although my girlfriend got their hashbrown casserole and really enjoyed it.

The one positive I will give them is their buttermilk pancakes were very good and they serve it with warm syrup. Very fluffy and moist and lots of buttermilk flavor. Definitely extra points there, and maybe enough to make it 3.5 stars, but frankly, it was probably what saved it from being 2 or 2.5.

There are better places in Tampa and St. Pete for breakfast.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank tbow77
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We like to go here on weekend morning to treat ourselves to a delicious breakfast. The best around in my opinion. Big menu with choices for everyone. Never disappoints. Usually a line to get in during the mornings but they move em through pretty quick.

• Visited August 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Breakfast EVERY weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you're around the St Pete area and want the best breakfast around, by all means, GO HERE! Pancakes are to die for (prepared with a number of different fillings & toppings) and more than you can eat. The side of bacon was 4 strips. Owner is great and the staff is very attentive. Don't be fooled by all the teenagers working there, it is a family business that guarantees your satisfaction. I'd eat there every day if I didn't live so far away (and have to work). Bottom line: the best food, with fantastic service, at a very reasonable price. I feel so confident that if you don't like it, I'd offer to pay for it!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dogfather96
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

While the decor may be in need of an update, the food here is good. The breakfasts are good. I've also had the fish sandwich for lunch with cole slaw or fries and it's great.

• Visited April 2013