“Glad we went!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Found this Sunset "Grille" by accident,,,,we were looking for the Sunset "Grill" in Ruskin. Weren't going to go in until we drove through the back and saw the outdoor covered patio & band playing. The fresh sesame tuna steak was to DIE for and my BF was more than happy with the generous amount and quality of his turkey & mashed potatoes dinner. We're from Canada where we can't have any happy hour drinks, so VERY happy with $2.25 mixed drinks!. Everyone was friendly, server was attentive, specials were both great. Lovely to sit outside in the local scene. Can't see any sunset (or view for that matter) from this restaurant, inside needs work, very small,,,,but good time had by all.

3  Thank Nancy19657

Reviewed November 6, 2010

The Sunset Grille has been in my neighborhood for the whole time I have been living here - 21 years. It is a popular neighborhood bear & grille with good "bar food" and grouper sandwiches.

I take friends there all the time and they always love it. Somebody above has a grudge and it is apparent it is the same person posting all the biased reviews.

They also have acoustic, etc music on weekends

2  Thank michael-pokey-walls
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This used to be the place for the best wings in town. Not any more. They changed the ingredients not only in the wing sauce but the blue cheese dressing wasn't blue cheese at all but cheap bottled ranch with a few chunks of cheese and a weird seasoning. All in all it was horrible. The cigarette smoke smell was overwhelming whether you sat a table outside or at the open bar. The place is in need a good cleaning to say the least. There were so many derelicts sitting around that I would not recommend taking children here any more. It is really sad when the old reliable places you've gone to for so many years go down hill. Makes you wonder why a new owner would screw up a good thing.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Place is dirty, service is off/on ok but it needs to be cleaned. The owners need to care more about the way the place looks.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

A friend and I took our kids there to eat. I just bought a new sweater with new shoes. Waitress comes along with our drinks, and spilt drinks all over my sweater, pants and shoes. She started crying saying sorry, she would pay for the whole table. When the bill came out, she said she will pay for only our drinks. My friend said no, she needed to pay the bill as she stated. She got mad, and we still left her a 10 dollar tip. Our bill wasn't more then 21.00. We still go out and eat there because we like it, but we always request to have a different waitress.