Tripadvisor
St. Petersburg

“Tour and lunch at the Vinoy-great way to spend an afternoon”

Marchand's Bar & Grill
Reserve a Table
Thu, 2/27
8:00 PM
Ranked #38 of 1,005 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Drive
Description: Relish in the uniquely elegant atmosphere of Marchand's Bar & Grill. Located in The Vinoy® Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg, Florida, our restaurant provides an inventive take on fine American cuisine along with breathtaking views of downtown St. Pete.
Reviewed November 20, 2019

The tour and lunch are a package that includes a one hour tour of the historic hotel and a luncheon menu of several selected 3 course meals. Unfortunately, it was raining so hard we were not able to visit the beautiful gardens, but the tour was conducted by a docent that showed her passion for the outstanding hotel. The lunch was excellent as was the service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (458)

Reviewed November 17, 2019

The food was lovely and the atmosphere was very nice. Our service, however, left something to be desired. Staff was initially very friendly, available and fun but after the first 15 minutes or so they disappeared. If we could find them again, they were very helpful and brought what we asked for, but then they would disappear all over again. It was frustrating and a little embarrassing as we were entertaining 12 guests. Fortunately, we were able to help ourselves to the buffet foods and there were water pitchers near by. I would recommend the food, but definitely not the service.

Date of visit: October 2019
Jeanette R, Manager at Marchand's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Thank you for joining us for Brunch and for bringing such a large group to dine here. While I was glad to know that the food and atmosphere were great, I was sorry to read of the service inconsistencies that you experienced. While isolated, we take this to heart and will be sure to share with our team. Please accept my apology on behalf of our restaurant team. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to regain your confidence and show you the true hospitality that we are known and loved for. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for dining with us.

Reviewed November 16, 2019 via mobile

Wow! I’m staying at the Vinoy hotel and came in for dinner at the bar. I wasn’t expecting much but all I can say is that this place is insanely good!!! I had a bizarre dinner consisting of appetizers (my favorite) and ended up with a sushi roll (the chef made something up for me and it was fantastic), and the most delicious octopus I’ve ever had in my entire life!!! Japan to the Mediterranean and both were equally good. My bartender/server Shannon was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly and all I can say is come here!

Date of visit: November 2019

So happy to read your review and to know that we exceeded your expectations in Marchand's at The Vinoy Resort and Golf Club. I will be sure to share your delight of the food with our chef, and also to make sure that I thank your bartender for a job well done. It was wonderful to read of your positive dining experience, and I appreciate you taking the time to share. Please come back to join us again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2019

Good bar with extense drinks menu, wines, beer, cocktails, good food, kind service all time to support you

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

We had breakfast here this morning. I had the egg white omelette and sausage with a fruit bowl side and the meal was delicious. The best part of the dining experience was our server, Pedro. He was so nice, so accommodating. Great atmosphere and beautiful restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2019
Jeanette R, Manager at Marchand's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2019

Thank you JennyD627 for having breakfast with us at The Vinoy recently. Your meal choices sounded fabulous, and I was so happy to read of your pleasant experience because of your server Pedro. Please know that I will be sure that he is recognized for going above and beyond to make your visit even more spectacular. Please join us again soon, and thank you for your time in sharing.