“Disappointment!”

Marchand's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Marchand's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 893 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Drive
Description: Featuring award-winning American cuisine with a Floribean flair. Join us for our Sunday Brunch from 10am - 2pm. Our downtown St. Petersburg, FL restaurant’s menu features fresh seafood, braised meats, seasonal fruit and pastries.
Cape Coral, Florida
“Disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Disappointed! We figured it would be expensive, which it was. I do not mind paying more if it is delicious, presentation is good, and served well. It takes all three for me to enjoy. We are still waiting for the rolls.

2 Thank Roseanne111

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Special occasion but food was so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I took my guest for a special occasion dinner to Marchand's because I had heard good things and had been to the big central bar there. Service was very nice and our waiter was attentive, but the food was lacking. My roasted chicken was moist but had no real flavor. My guest's barbecue pork was also moist but lacking flavor. My guest loves okra, but he didn't eat his...he said it didn't taste right. The dishes were beautifully presented, but more effort needs to go into designing tasty dishes. With a bottle of wine and tip, this dinner for two was more than $150...and I expected a much better tasting dinner at this price. At least I can say it is a beautiful place inside, well-decorated, in the always beautiful Vinoy Hotel.

1 Thank Lori P
Ridgeway, South Carolina
“A nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Marchands is located in the Vinoy Hotel. The decor is attractive and the service is good. I love calamari and FRIED CHIPOTLE CALAMARI was one of the best preparations I have had. For entre I had the HERB CRUSTED DAY BOAT COD which was very tasty. I certainly recommend this restaurant.

montréal
“A bit disapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner last night. Friendly service. Huge dining room with central island bar (with TV set tuned to bowl game). Its an odd mix which in my mind does not work. The chef makes a effort to be creative but it does not really leave a lasting impression. Me and my wife both had fish ( cod for her, trout for me). The trouth, despite being breaded, did not have any taste to it (cooked too long). My wife's cod was a little better. We had soup as appetizers. The peas plit soup was excellent ( highlight of the meal) but the manhattan clam chowder was hit and miss. The dessert was bland. Overall, the decor gives you the impression you are going to have a night to remember but the food leaves you quite disapointed. If you want to take in the posh environment of the Vinoys, you are possibly better off at the bar.

1 Thank Llegault
Louisville Kentucky
“Classy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This place is very classy, loved my breakfast of eggs benedict. The view of the courtyard was an added bonus.

Visited December 2012