“Good food. Could use a makeover of decor and staff”
Review of Babalu

Babalu
Ranked #271 of 904 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Babalu is St. Petersburg's neighborhood tavern offering delicious homemade food and daily specials prepared freshly each day. We offer an extensive menu of freshly made items. From our delicious burgers to jumbo wings, fresh grouper, hand-breaded shrimp, snow crab, hand cut steaks, homemade meatloaf and more, we've got something for everyone.
Wesley Chapel, Florida
“Good food. Could use a makeover of decor and staff”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The staff needs to shape up and dress like they have a job and not just slappin food on the table for family members that they hate. Out waitress was nice enough but they are really slackin on how casula they are. The also forget that its a small restaurant when they takl to each other. There were several comments/conversation between staff that shoudl have been much quieter. Please needs an overhaul in decor and cleaning!

Visited August 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food & friendly service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I with our four kids have eaten at Babalu several times. I've tried everything that came to the table and it has all been very good. Good sized portions so you really get your money's worth. Alway's check the specials board and save room for dessert!

• Visited July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Good food - Friendly waiters”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped in and had some wonderful sandwiches. It was so yummy we stopped back the next afternoon.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Yes, the food is as good as they claim!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Had the rib eye steak meal (medium rare) and it was fabulous! The rib eye just melted in my mouth, a tad on the fatty side, but super delicious all the same! The hot wings were fantastic, medium hot was plenty for my 11 yr old son!

• Visited May 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant that was new to us. We saw Babalu's and decided what do we have to lose. We can always leave. Well, this one is a keeper. We will be back. Not great if you want to avoid cholesterol or fat. I ordered liver and onions with mashed potatoes and immediately thought of my mother since I think I probably ate this dish when I lived at home. The potatoes were a little too salty for my taste and way too salty for my husband's. But I ate it all because other than a little salty they were delicious. Nice and creamy - just like mother made. Bob had a Salisbury steak and really enjoyed it. Downhome basic food and we both will be happy to go back again. Atmosphere was interesting and it is a much larger place on the inside than I expected. Our server Mike was great. He was there when we needed him but didn't hover. Great choice.

• Visited April 2013