“Yes, the food is as good as they claim!”
Review of Babalu

Babalu
Ranked #294 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Babalu is St. Petersburg's neighborhood tavern offering delicious homemade food and daily specials prepared freshly each day. We offer an extensive menu of freshly made items. From our delicious burgers to jumbo wings, fresh grouper, hand-breaded shrimp, snow crab, hand cut steaks, homemade meatloaf and more, we've got something for everyone.
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Had the rib eye steak meal (medium rare) and it was fabulous! The rib eye just melted in my mouth, a tad on the fatty side, but super delicious all the same! The hot wings were fantastic, medium hot was plenty for my 11 yr old son!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant that was new to us. We saw Babalu's and decided what do we have to lose. We can always leave. Well, this one is a keeper. We will be back. Not great if you want to avoid cholesterol or fat. I ordered liver and onions with mashed potatoes and immediately thought of my mother since I think I probably ate this dish when I lived at home. The potatoes were a little too salty for my taste and way too salty for my husband's. But I ate it all because other than a little salty they were delicious. Nice and creamy - just like mother made. Bob had a Salisbury steak and really enjoyed it. Downhome basic food and we both will be happy to go back again. Atmosphere was interesting and it is a much larger place on the inside than I expected. Our server Mike was great. He was there when we needed him but didn't hover. Great choice.

2  Thank Caroline Y
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This place should be on DDD. Good food, good prices, good people. Not a franchise, just real Florida food

1  Thank llstom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stick to the weekdays. I think our waiter was asleep and screwed up pretty consistently. Maybe part timers on the weekends because two weekdays were very different.
Smokers hang out in front which lessens the appeal. Get them away from the door!

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Fried chicken was so heavily salted as to be nearly inedible. If that were not enough, under the overcooked skin was a layer of uncooked flour. The plate was garnished with a yellowed piece of kale. What a total lack of pride in what the kitchen sent out! Waiter was polite and apologetic, but this was plain awful.

4  Thank JimB3588