“Bad experience”
Review of Gianni's NY Pizza

Gianni's NY Pizza
Ranked #132 of 927 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Since 1976 we have been serving up some of the very best Authentic Ny Style pizza and much more. Our Family literally comes from the heart of the city which made pizza famous, Naples, Italy!We are so passionate about not the food we make ( with LOTS of Love of course) but passionate about the people whom we get to serve each day. There is no greater joy than to see smiling customers when they bite into one of delicious slices, or nibbling on our crispy buffalo style wings.....All in all we may be slightly off the beaten path but well worth the trip. We guarantee every bite you take or the meal is on us!
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We decided to give Gianni's a second try after a first time bad experience. In our first experience, we ordered chicken wings and asked that they be mild, extra crispy and not saucy. Instead we got spicy, saucy wings. Then we tried again. And specifically told the person on the phone we ordered from that we wanted them to be mild, extra crispy and not saucy. And again we got spicy saucy wings. And the strombolis we ordered we're nothing more than a tasteless hunk of cheese. We won't be going back.

1  Thank John E

Reviewed November 1, 2013

OK, so now, hands down the best pizza in the TB area. This was confirmed when we went to Tampa last week. We went back to the place where they import NY water to make the dough. We always had them first but now...nope no way!! E&S's is all I'm saying, no need to promote them anymore. Our pizza was floppy last time we went there...thats a NO-NO when it comes to ny style.

THANK YOU Gianni's for ALWAYS, CONSISTENTLY having CRISPY- NON BENDING CRUST when you pick it up!! Yours stays firm and when you bite into it, its crunchy and oh so good!!
DO NOT ever change that!!! EVER! Thank you!

We come a few times a month and its always perfect EVERY time. I love your ricotta& spinach.

1  Thank MustLoveCats03
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife and 2 boys for lunch and it was a great experience. The staff was very accommodating to explain some of the speciality items as well. My wife wanted something different and opted for the goat cheese pizza and me an my 2 teenage sons split a large 1/2 cheese, 1/2 pepperoni.
The pizza arrived within 15 minutes. My wife really enjoyed her goat cheese offering as she consumed 1/2 of the 10 inch pie.
The pizza crust was excellent. I am frequently having pizza in New York and this crust was as close to NYC style that I have had. The pizza had the right amount of crisp and droop at the same time. The sauce is great and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.
We went at lunch and it is busy, so get there early to get a table.

1  Thank JStewartFl
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Did not expect white linen on the tables, but I also did not expect for my food to arrive in a tin foil take out container with paper plates and plastic forks for a dine in order. Ordered the baked rigatoni with meatballs and the caprese salad. The baked rigatoni came without the meatballs so I had to walk up to the counter and ask for it. The caprese salad was tasteless and the worst tomatoes I have seen since the sad ones at the grocery store...no freshness to this salad at all. The baked rigatoni was served with what I assumed to be their garlic knots. It was bread...it was knoted...it had NO garlic on it nor had it had any garlic anywhere NEAR it. The meal itself was no better...with what tasted like frozen meatballs, tasteless watery red sauce. Simply put, don't waste your time or money, this place takes no pride in their food or their service, don't use fresh ingredients, and could really care less about having you back with the garbage they serve.

John C, Owner at Gianni's NY Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hi Joyce,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience you had with us. It seems we certainly did not meet your expectations on your visit and we are sincerely sorry about this. We strive for each customer to have a memorable positive experience while serving the highest quality products. We are aware we can not always please each and every person but WE DO CARE tremendously and put lots of passion,pride & love into what we do in our establishment. Our goal is to see that our customers are 110% satisfied and if not, then we did not complete our jobs. Your feedback means a lot to us and we will certainly use this to step up on the consistency of the product and service so this does not happen again.

Owner
Johnny Colandrea

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Real cheese, real fresh meats on fresh yummy dough. A little pricy at an average of $20 a pie, but well worth it. Can't go wrong with Gianni's!

John C, Owner at Gianni's NY Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

We appreciate the feedback! We surely do not hold back when it comes to quality ingredients and it does cost slightly more but we are confident that customers like your self can taste the difference.

Johnny