“Good Menu Fast Service”

Ranked #17 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Indian, Irish, International
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed December 1, 2012

A great British menu, with all the staples. GIANT portions. I ordered half portions of a salad and meal and it was still easily enough for 2 people. A decent beer selection for the non-American, as well. The only thing I disliked was that the service was so fast. I felt rushed. As soon as we sat the waiter was there to ask what we wanted to drink, we hadn't even opened the menu yet. Salad came quickly, but so did dinner, so my salad was being taken away before we finished it. When dinner was done (very tasty and well prepared, both salad and main) we had our check practically right away. This could be a plus for some people, however I like the pace to be a little more relaxed, especially since the portions are so big. I would return again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Called a British Tavern, it serves a wonderful array of curries, Indian food and beers. Their Fish and Chips are great.....thin batter,thick fresh cod.
Eat on the patio or indoors, with prompt, pleasant servers.

1  Thank puccini1858
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had shephards pie while I was here and it wasn't too great but the downtown atmosphere was nice. I am sure that the other foods might be a lot better than what I had. The waitress was very good!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had dinner here twice; it is a short walk from the Vinoy hotel where we were staying. The menu was eclectic and our food was very good - salads, curry, fish and chips, etc. The prices were moderate and it was a good value. The staff were friendly and the food arrived promptly.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The place offers a huge variety of colonial cuisine from fish and chips , pot pies to Indian curry. We are Indians and we love the way they make their curry - much better than some of the Indian restaurants make them. Also they have great vegetarian options which I have not seen anywhere else - like the vegetarian pot pie made from ground soy (if you are not a fan of tomatoes - you may enjoy it better asking them to skip / go light on the tomatoes - else it is very good). Also there are some veggie pasties that are pretty good.
My husband has the vindaloo there and says it is the hottest he has ever had. Also they have a curry enhancer which you can ask for on the side - which comes in a tiny side dish - but it is the most volcanic thing possible.. even a little bit at the tip of a fork is enough to burn your lips. My husband has a high threshold for hot food (he survives thai hot in most places) but even he does not venture into the curry enhancer once he has a hot dish. Some people order their curry as mild and control the hotness by adding the curry enhancer.
This is definitely the most interesting restaurant in ST. Pete downtown and a must try for any group that has diverse tastes - you will find something for every taste bud, from coconut curry, to fish and chips, to burgers