“Blast from my Past!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Munch's Sundries & Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 892 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Blast from my Past!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

An eleven a.m. breakfast stop was perfect. Field hash was sublime....as well as the yummy original chipped beef on toast. We shared an order of fried green tomatoes and they are the best in town. Coffee is constantly refilled. Everyone is friendly. (Cash please). Delicious

• Visited August 2012

St. Petersburg, Florida
“An unexpectedly bad experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Judge for yourself. One egg scrambled with onion and cheese added, two strips of bacon, hash browns and a muffin at a price of $6.50 added a coke for a total of $8.25 plus tax and tip.

My wife and I took a friend with us who had never been to Munch's before and says he would never go there again.

The Monday special, French toast was cooked apparently in a mixture of butter and bacon grease, . .Yuk.

The toast served with eggs in the third plate also was buttered with the inclusion of what smelled and tasted like bacon grease mixed with the butter. I couldn't eat it.

When I spoke to the owner about the high price of a one egg breakfast, he blew me off telling me that if I went to hooter's and ordered extra sauce with my chicken wings I would have to pay extra and so it was that a one egg breakfast increased from $3.50 to $6.50 by adding some onion and cheese. Three dollars extra for a little chopped onion and cheese mixed with one egg. Absolutely ridiculous!

I told him we would never come back again. He didn't care and told me that was my choice.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Fun restaurant to visit after seeing on television”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had seen this restaurant on Diners Drive Ins and Dives and a relative said six of us would go to breakfast there a few days before Christmas. We had different things and all was good, including: the Texas hash, chipped beef on toast, omelets and more. The service was excellent and our waitress was very attentive to anything we needed. I would return here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best Breakfast in St. Pete!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

By far the best place to have Breakfast in St. Pete! Larry and his staff do not fail to disappoint! Let it be known as well, I grew up in this neoghborhood and I never feel threatened! Munches provides a safe, clean 5 star meal! You have to go!

Tampa
“Larry and Crew walk their talk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Disclosure: I am a local and have eaten here weekly for the last two decades. Looking for Old Florida-Fun place to grab a bite this is eat. if they do not know you this is your first visit. Have the SOS or Larry's Famous Sausage and the waffle or the french toast in the am- get the Jack Burger or the Fried Chicken in the PM. Larry, Deb, Ruthie and Carmen are the best. Some folks on this board like to slam the neighborhood- really- happen to notice all the Benz's and Porsche's in the parking lot- get a life-place is safe- food is great and staff is the prize- do yourself a favor if you're in town for beach get away drive the 5 stop lights down 54th ave so and get some Fl. Love on your plate-the Munch's Way!

• Visited October 2012