“eh”

Red Mesa Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 981 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American & Caribbean kitchens. From street food to alta cocina, a St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos and most proud of our personal service.
Reviewed October 12, 2017

This place was alright. The food was good but our server was terrible. She made very awkward comments and was not at all attentive.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I stopped in because it had awesome reviews and I wasn't disappointed! The bartender recommended a garlic shrimp dish that was amazing. Really enjoyed it and will be back!

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by for lunch. We had the guacamole combo. The chorizo and corn salsa guacamole is very good. You could easily make this a meal.

The chips and salsa are good, not very spicy but good.

My wife had the chicken with Gouda quesadilla and she seemed to enjoy it.

I had the tamales which were served with black beans and rice. The tamales are good. They are filled with pork and covered in a sauce that good, but kind of bland. The black beans and rice were ok.

Also our service was terrible.

The guacamole is the reason to visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

I have only eaten at Red Mesa a few times. As one who lived in Texas for several years, I was used to excellent but cheap Mexican and Tex Mex cuisine. I also make my own killer Tex Mex food. Red Mesa has nice presentation, and their own unique recipes which is a plus for a twist on Mexican food. I dont eat there regularly because I feel it is too pricey for what you get. This is priced mike fine dining !

1  Thank TDEATS
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Have eaten at the Red Mesa for 15 years and have yet to be disappointed. The new guacamole sampler is not to be missed, and the ceviches are always first rate. My wife and I both enjoy the chili relleno dish(with cheese)-so much so that we rarely order any other main course. The facility is very well managed, with attentive waiters, and a efficient kitchen. A "don't miss" site.