“A Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Mesa

Red Mesa
Ranked #10 of 894 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Central American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American, Tex-Mex & Caribbean kitchens. A St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos, most proud of our personal service.
St. Petersburg, FL
“A Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2005

St. Petersburg is filled with a lot of chain restaurants, so a local restaurant this unique and this GREAT deserves strong praise. I had heard about it for a long time and finally went last week. It's not a very fancy place -- in fact it's a bit on the loud side, so I'd recommend it as family friendly. But it's certainly upscale and the service was great. But the food -- the food was absolutely amazing. Red Mesa does Mexican and Southwest in a very creative and unusual way. I had a duck enchilada with rasberry chipotle sauce as my entree. It sounds weird -- but it was absolutely fantastic -- one of the best creative Mexican dishes I've ever had in my life -- giants chunks of well-cooked and well-seasoned duck coated (and not buried) in a chipotle sauce that had enough fruit in it to make the duck stand out. My companion for dinner enjoyed his meal as well. I will take out of town guests here in the future to prove that you don't need to go to a much bigger city to find a creative local restaurant.

7 Thank MarkBinStPete