“Mexican is not my favorite food, but.”

Red Mesa Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 927 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American & Caribbean kitchens. From street food to alta cocina, a St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos and most proud of our personal service.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Enjoyed this restaurant so much, that I was back in two days with my husband. Yummy duck tacos. Everything was great.Good drinks. Great atmosphere in the outside patio at night, it was stunning with bamboo and water features. Inside a little noisy but fun. Go to the the Red Mesa downtown.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

One of my St, Petersburg favorite places to eat. The filet burrito for lunch is a spicy treat. Everything on the menu is very tasty and reasonably priced. Love the salsa and Sangria too. The dinner menu is different, but it has many delicious choices. One Caveat, they are nazi's with their reservations. If your party is too small (under 6), no reservations allowed. If one of your party has not arrived, you will not be seated-even if they are outside parking the car. Ensure your party has arrived and assembles before you approach the hostess.

1  Thank withoutreason2
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

They have great chips and salsa, I love their Red Mesa salad and their black bean soup. I've never tried something here I didn't like. My only critique would be that the bar is too small and there can be a wait due to popularity of the restaurant. There is a Red Mesa Cantina in downtown St Pete that I love even more. Much bigger place with a fun outside bar, same great food with an even bigger menu. Both are great options. 4th street location smaller and more quiet, downtown a very fun spot, great outdoor seating and indoor, and a fun nightspot right above it on 2nd floor called Push.

1  Thank Kdk27
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been here several times over the past couple years. My go to entree is the Gorgonzola stuffed filet. Pair this with Red Sangria and I'm in Heaven!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love the menu, the service is impeccable and we eat here nearly weekly. If you can catch the Sunset Menu, before 6 PM, prices are really wonderful. No matter who comes to visit us, I always suggest this place as our go to place for entertaining. There is no outdoor seating, but the location on a busy street would not lend itself to that anyway.