“Very good Southwestern flavors”

Red Mesa Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 963 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American & Caribbean kitchens. From street food to alta cocina, a St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos and most proud of our personal service.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Glad to have made a reservation because this is a very busy place! The sangria is very good and all our apps were delicious. The server wasn't overly friendly, but it was extremely busy when we were there. The menu has some very nice southwestern flavors/spices and the food was very fresh.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Had the asada steak, octopus ceviche and various dips. All very good. Homemade tortillas. Margarita was great. Service was average although the guy didn't seem slammed. We wrote it off as he was just scattered. Would go back. The menu was playful and lots of flavors going on.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ola! This is another one of our favorite restaurants. We enjoy lunch there, because dinners are usually busy and crowded (it is not a huge place and my husband doesn't like to sit in the back dining room area as the tables are a bit close together). OK, from here . . . it's all good. The food is absolutely delicious and authentically prepared. Good presentation, too. Very good sangria. I prefer the red. They do not serve mixed drinks, I don't think. Just beer, wine, and margaritas. Very good fish tacos and fish entrees. Some of their dishes (my husband loves their spicy shrimp burrito and I am a fan of their salmon (it's served a variety of ways). We love taking friends here. They have valet. And, offer catering. Get their early for lunch or you may have to wait 10 minutes or so. The place is always busy. Service is good, too. A great place. Comfortable dining area. Clean. Clean bathrooms, too. A very nice St. Pete gem of a restaurant!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I had slightly mixed reviews, so I've averaged them to a 4 out of 5. We each started with a margarita made with agave wine, which we both thought was awesome. For an appetizer we had the daily ceviche special, which was also very, very good. For the entree I had the shrimp and crab enchiladas, which were fine - fish was fresh, the chipotle cream sauce was good, but the peppers overwhelmed the seafood and I thought the dish was fairly average and overpriced. My husband had an enchilada trio including one shrimp/crab, one chicken, and one duck. The sauces were put on the incorrect enchiladas, but he didn't mind and didn't say anything about the mistake. His favorite sauce was the rojo (which was supposed to come on the chicken but came on the seafood). Our service was efficient but lacked personality or sincerity - I think we caught the guy at the end of his shift. Overall, I thought the place felt like a chain restaurant, which was not the experience I was looking for, but the margaritas and ceviche were definitely the stars of the evening.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We tried ceviche for the first time & it was fantastic! The spinach salad was delicious & the duck burger my son had was awesome.