“OMG!!”

Red Mesa Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 969 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American & Caribbean kitchens. From street food to alta cocina, a St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos and most proud of our personal service.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is why I go out to eat. Never a bad meal here and always great staff. I'll go back again and again. Really well run and tasty.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been dining at Red Mesa since it opened. The food is terrific, and keeps getting better and better. The enchiladas are flavorful without being over the top. The fish dishes are delicious. I have yet to try a dessert as I am usually to full to even consider it.
The staff have always been friendly, efficient and seem to love the food as much as we. I have taken several friends to Red Mesa and they all want to return.
This is a great find.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is not in my opinion a typical Mexican restaurant. Went there on a Wednesday night during spring break time, and the place looked slammed. But we managed to have drinks and the Shrimp Fundido at the bar. This was an awesome appetizer, and just the beginning. By the time we finished our appetizer our table was ready. We ordered the duck enchiladas and the cedar plank roasted pork tenderloin. We just kept saying THIS IS INSANE! Everything was so good, it just made us happy to be there. I highly recommend trying as many things as you can here, the menu is just so good. Service was friendly and quick, and our food came out quickly and piping hot. Oh, and they served the duck with swiss chard that was to die for. You know it's good when even the greens make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our waiter was polite, took our orders accurately and served us quickly. For lunch, I ordered the wild mushroom quesadilla and my date ordered the chicken burrito. The flavor of the quesadillas was good, but the filling was on the meager side and the presentation garnish was chopped cabbage. My date told me that the burrito was all right but she would not order it again. I tasted it and would rate it as Taco Bell quality.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

When I go to a mexican restaurant for the first time I usually try the Chile Verde, if they serve it. And the Roast Pork Verdi that I had at Red Mesa is excellent! I look forward to going back to try the rest of the menu.

I was seated quickly and the food came out in a flash. The staff is very friendly and efficient.