“One of my all time favorite restaurants!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Mesa

Red Mesa
Ranked #10 of 894 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American, Tex-Mex & Caribbean kitchens. A St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos, most proud of our personal service.
costa rica
“One of my all time favorite restaurants!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been dining at Red Mesa since it opened. The food is terrific, and keeps getting better and better. The enchiladas are flavorful without being over the top. The fish dishes are delicious. I have yet to try a dessert as I am usually to full to even consider it.
The staff have always been friendly, efficient and seem to love the food as much as we. I have taken several friends to Red Mesa and they all want to return.
This is a great find.

Wilmington, DE
“Amazing Unique Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is not in my opinion a typical Mexican restaurant. Went there on a Wednesday night during spring break time, and the place looked slammed. But we managed to have drinks and the Shrimp Fundido at the bar. This was an awesome appetizer, and just the beginning. By the time we finished our appetizer our table was ready. We ordered the duck enchiladas and the cedar plank roasted pork tenderloin. We just kept saying THIS IS INSANE! Everything was so good, it just made us happy to be there. I highly recommend trying as many things as you can here, the menu is just so good. Service was friendly and quick, and our food came out quickly and piping hot. Oh, and they served the duck with swiss chard that was to die for. You know it's good when even the greens make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Clearwater, Florida
“Mediocre food, good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our waiter was polite, took our orders accurately and served us quickly. For lunch, I ordered the wild mushroom quesadilla and my date ordered the chicken burrito. The flavor of the quesadillas was good, but the filling was on the meager side and the presentation garnish was chopped cabbage. My date told me that the burrito was all right but she would not order it again. I tasted it and would rate it as Taco Bell quality.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Wonderful Roast Pork Verde”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

When I go to a mexican restaurant for the first time I usually try the Chile Verde, if they serve it. And the Roast Pork Verdi that I had at Red Mesa is excellent! I look forward to going back to try the rest of the menu.

I was seated quickly and the food came out in a flash. The staff is very friendly and efficient.

Seminole, Florida, United States
“All six of us loved our lunch!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's rare when six people can have lunch at a restaurant and everyone gives it a 10! Two friends that had been here before wanted us to try it. Warm greeting by hostess, excellent service, but most of all, incredibly delicious food. We enjoyed their salsa and guacamole, and the Sangria. One friend's favorite is the roasted pork sandwich, another the wild mushroom quesadilla, I had Shrimp Mojo De Ajo that had wonderful flavors and my vegetarian daughter liked the Black Beans and Sedona Caesar salad.

The owners advised in March they are adding more vegetarian choices: Tofu tacos, Potato tacos, veg enchiladas and rellenos!!! Cannot wait to return, this is a don't miss.

• Visited February 2013