WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Mesa

Red Mesa
Ranked #12 of 872 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American, Tex-Mex & Caribbean kitchens. A St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos, most proud of our personal service.
Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful Experience !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had not been to this restaurant in over five years, for I moved away from the St. Pete area.
I have since moved back. I took a "foodie friend" to dinner for her birthday. I hoped and prayed that the food quality and service was as good as I remember. I hoped and prayed that the restaurant had not fallen prey to all the other short cuts that other restaurants have taken since the Great Recession. I really wanted to impress my "foodie friend".
Thank God, our Red Mesa experience exceeded my expectations. The quality of the food, the presentation and the service was not just great, but greater than I remembered. We drove from Sarasota to St. Petersburg (one hour drive) for this meal. It was well worth it and we will be back again.
Signed,
"Two Foodies"

• Visited February 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Very nice Mexican restaurant. Not the best Mexican food I've ever had though but decent. Food was out very quickly. Good drink specials.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
St. Petersburg Florida
“OMG Margarita Pitchers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tasty beverages, great appetizers, and filling meals, I love the fresh salsa and chips. The atmosphere in what appears to be a historic building is awesome. definitely coming back.

Visited December 2012
“One of our favorite restaurants.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The food is wonderful. The service is great. Nice outdoor garden type atmosphere. It can get a bit loud if they have a band. It is one of our favorite restaurants.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wonderful food , service and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The restaurant was packed to the max and our service once seated was stellar. "M" was the best. He is good, personable and a delight. We tried the fundido, oysters, and mussels for starters. The mussels were small and the chipotle tasted a bit tinny. Not our favorite, but there were nearly fisticuffs over the chorizo fundido and fried oysters, Delicious. The Sangria by the pitcher is phenomenal and quite delicious. Yes, it was crowded and noisy, but still the food eclipsed those minor quibbles. The Pork Carnitas special dinner was a huge hit with the table. The seafood stuffed rellenos was wonderful. But the rellenos combo with the enchilada was our flat out favorite. Love to see the vibrancy and exuberance of a thriving business. The free VALET service is a nice touch. We will be back. I want that fountain in your front courtyard, nothing could be more serene and lovely. Made waiting much more tolerable.

• Visited November 2012