“Good for a chain....”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed July 29, 2013

THis is a chain that makes an OK pizza and has some other food items as well. You have to buy a whole pizza, but there is a personal size suitable for one person. THe ingredients and choices are good, and it is one step up from Dominoes. THe restuarant is pleasant as are the wait staff. Each pie is made fresh, to order. It is open failrly late. They do serve beer and wine.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Flippers for the first time yesterday. We will not be going back. The food was absolutely terrible. The pizza was just not good. The crust was soft and had some sort of gritty corn meal all over the bottom. The sauce had a bland out of the can taste and the cheese was tasteless. Overall a terrible pizza. We also ordered a meatball sub, first of all this the smallest sub I have ever seen, it came on a large hotdog bun. The subs overall size was 7inches, it was just tiny. They used the same sauce as they used on the pizza with three tiny meatballs that were basically round hamburgers. It reminded me of something you would get in a School lunch. They should be embarrassed. They have a fancy decorated store with lots of corporate buzzwords about the quality of the food, but nothing they do lives up to it.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Flippers is fantastic. Management is friendly, staff is well-trained, and food is wonderful. I love the Tuscan Chopped Salad- and the pizza is so good! I'm glad they've come to St Pete and I definitely plan on frequenting. They also have really good Happy Hour and Late Night specials

1  Thank Marissa D
Reviewed April 18, 2013

There are only a few places in St. Pete that serve really good Pizza. Flippers has joined that select few. The service was very friendly, and quick. Manager AND franchise owner both asked how meal was (excellent). I recommend the place and will be back! I also advise getting the DOP sauce.

2  Thank Bruce F
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had friends in town last night and decided to order from Flippers for the first time. We ordered:
1 18" Pepperoni and cheese
1 16" California Classic (Basil, pesto sauce, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, red onions, spinach & roasted peppers) requested no pesto sauce.

The bill (after delivery) was about $40.

The pizza was good. Not fantastic. I think the dough may be frozen as it is a little chewy.

Overall I would say it is better than Pizza Hut or Dominoes; however, we will continue to search for a good more authentic (and less expensive) pizza place in town.

Also they strongly encourage online ordering. There is no phone number on the flyer and you really have to search google to locate it (we wanted to special order so we needed it).

Here it is: (727) 822-9866