“High quality-small package”
Review of Freefall Theatre

Freefall Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: FreeFall Theatre is Tampa Bay's most exciting professional theatre!
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great little theater. My husband and I have attended with our daughters---there are several shows appropriate for their ages--11 and 13. The acting is excellent. It is so small that there is no bad seat in the house! I prefer this intimate setting over the Straz Center. They even have wine, coffee, cookies and other snacks outside. I am on their mailing list. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Carrie H
There are newer reviews for Freefall Theatre

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We went to see "An Empty Plate in the Café du Grand Boeuf." Apart from a poor pronunciation of the last word of the title (all the other French words were correctly pronounced), this was a great production: excellent stage setting and acting in this small theatre. We usually sit in the front row of intimate theatres, but this time we sat on the top row of one of the two sides of the stage. The seats were still good.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Rarely do we, when we take a beach vacation, make plans to attend theatrical productions. We had never heard of Freefall when a new-found friend saw my wifes Cabaret t-shirt (from the first time I took her to see the Roundabout production in New York years ago). She said she'd just gone to a local production of Cabaret a week prior. We inquired more about it and soon I was on my phone searching for info on the production. That's when I found Freefall Theatre. I called and found tickets for a matinee the next day. We ventured into St. Pete and was pleased to find it was a very short drive from our beach cottage to the (renovated school?) that housed the theatre company. Imagine our delight to see that, just like the times we'd seen Cabaret at the previously Studio 54 location, the theatre was set up like the Kit Kat Club, with cafe tables and chairs, surrounding the stage; convincingly transporting us back in time to Berlin. The production was exceptionally well done with a cast of talented actors, singers and musicians. Now, whenever we return to the area, we look to see what production they are offering and see if we can work it into our plans. We recommend any theatre lover going to (or in) the area, to do the same. Thank you Freefall. We are, indeed, your fans.

1  Thank sjy66
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We just got home from Freefall's production of "An Empty Plate in the Cafe du Grand Boeuf" and it was superb! Filled with humor and pathos, the play makes excellent use of all the actors' talents. We laughed. We empathized. We were captivated. Not only are the actors first-rate, but the staging, scenic design and attention to detail are all Broadway caliber. Don't miss this production. As a sidelight, we have seen several other shows at Freefall, including "Cabaret" and "A Christmas Carol" and they have all been up to this same high standard. St. Petersburg and the entire Tampa Bay Area are lucky to have this addition to the arts community.

3  Thank Melodie O