“Ok, but not as good as expected.”
Review of Hollander Hotel

Hollander Hotel
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend because of all the Excellent reviews that I read. I would have to say no one mentioned how NOISY the street traffic is, 4th St is a major road coming in to downtown St Pete, so you can hear traffic very late and very early. So no quiet mornings. If you are looking to be within walking distance to all the downtown activities, pay aliitle extra and stay closer. I don't really understand why everyone raves about this hotel, I didn't think it was that great, just standard.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 10, 2013

From the front porch to the rooms, the Hollander is a very comfortable and relaxing hotel stay. The staff was friendly and attentive. Enjoyed lunch and drinks on the porch ! The room was clean and the bed very comfortable ! Also was thrilled to learn they are pet friendly like the rest of St. Pete !!
Returning in December !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm a long time user of Tripadvisor but have never reviewed any of my choices, however I feel compelled to write about my recent stay at the Hollander Hotel.
As usual, I called the nearest Hampton Inn but found it full. After reading that the Hollander was the number 1 rated hotel in the downtown St Pete area I thought I would take a chance. I'm very glad that I did.
It's staffed by an extremely happy and friendly group. The hotel common rooms are large, bright and airy. The restaurant, the 'Tap Room', has amazing food, and dozens of craft beers on tap. I had several meals there and enjoyed them all. Very reasonably priced too. The grouper sandwich was large and fresh!! Got to talk to the chef and he told us how he came up with his Cuban quesadilla appetizer! Delicious!
Also on the menu are steaks, chops and several seafood entrees.
The lobby, restaurant and bar and are all one big room. A very fun atmosphere. There is also a top shelf coffee shop just off the lobby.
I spent a lot of my time sitting on the large veranda surrounded by comfortable sofas, chairs and beautiful potted palms!
The rooms are very bright and clean. The bathroom, though small, was also very clean.
The waterfront and restaurants of the downtown are a few blocks away. The hotel provides an 8 seat golf cart to take you anywhere in the downtown area you would like to go. There you'll find dozens of beautiful restaurants and shops, most within view of the waterfront.
I, like most, always looked to the St Pete Beach area when choosing a hotel. You can drive to all the beachy/touristy things in about 15 minutes from the Hollander.
When I spend nights at the chain hotels I usually try to find places away from the hotel to eat or have a drink. I promise you will want to spend time in the Hollander common areas.
I loved this place and will stay again when I next visit the area.
A great hotel!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have always loved staying at hotels, but I was so impressed by this hotel that I got on the phone almost immediately and called my mom and sister to tell them that I wanted to celebrate my 4oth there too!!
My husband could not afford an out-of-town trip for our 10th anniversary, so I found this hotel on online and thought it looked "quaint and acceptable" for the 2 of us for the night. I had NO IDEA just how beatiful this place would be, and in hours the staff knew us by name and seemed genunintely interested that we were enjoying our mini-vacation. The rooms were small but immaculate and the beautiful dark wood floors made the whole room feel more cozy and homey. I loved the little touches..the sitting rooms on the floors, the vintage photos going up the stairs, and airy, comfortable front porch. The lobby and sitting area were beautifully designed, much more so than the photos show. The bar area and food was absolutely FANTASTIC and much cheaper than most restaurants in the area. We actually walked around for hours, only deciding to come back to the hotel and eat and enjoy the live music. The huge meatball and the shrimp drizzled in some curry sauce were unbelievable! The breakfast buffet in the morning was delicious, and featured homemade carrot and banana/peanut butter muffins. YUM! I wanted to steal to take home but I figured the better thing to do was to just come back! So, this weekend, me and my family will be staying at the Hollander to celebrate my birthday, and I CAN'T WAIT!!
The staff was something very, very special, and almost unheard of these days in hotels. They made the effort to learn our names and speak to us every time they saw us. Sadly, I took all their names down to post this, and I lost them! Sorry guys!! (and girls), I will get your names again on Saturday!
We were taken out on the golf cart (I believe the driver was Zach? He was awesome!)> He pointed out really neat places that we had never heard of and look us to this amazing restaurant on the top of a buidling where we had some drinks and snacks and enjoyed the amazing St. Pete skyline (the Canopy). They offered to come get us any time, but we decided to stroll back and enjoy the sites. The free parking (and lots of it) is worth every penny as well in that area).
The Hollander Hotel is a very special place and I am thrilled that it is right here in our town for a very affortable price. We are now going to stay here any time we need a little get away or for special occasions, Sincerely, we could not have been happier.
Happy traveling! There is NO WAY you could be disappointed at this hotel. :)

Room Tip: I would recommend for light sleepers...Although the hotel is built very well, those beautiful wood f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AandJ R
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I read practically every review of this hotel before booking. Clearly this is a unique location but even the good reviews did not prepare us! We had an absolute blast at the Hollander and will definitely be going back again soon! We traveled from the east coast for a weekend getaway and got all that and more! The staff was great, the atmosphere was hip and fun, the food and drink delicious and the accommodations were on the money! We enjoyed ourselves so much that neither of us wanted to leave. We opted for the king suite which was perfect for us. There was plenty of room to lounge and relax and the bed was super comfy! We had an issue with some noisy neighbors from a bachelor party but it was no fault of the hotel, clearly they were having a good time too! That certainly didn't upset us enough to ruin our trip or deter us from wanting to go back. We really enjoyed the porch, it is a great place to relax or party depending on your mood or the crowd. The staff was more than accommodating and we were super stoked on the golf cart service. A nice tip is certainly less expensive than gas or a taxi. We parked our car on Friday and didn't drive it again until we left Sunday. Thanks again to everyone who made our stay so enjoyable...we will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

At first I had no idea what to expect, but everything from the coziness to the excellent staff, cleanliness, the tap room, everything was just amazing! Loved it and can't wait to come back! It's walking distance to everything downtown, bars, restaurants, and shops. I would recommend it to anyone who asks where to stay in St. Pete.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

What a unique renovated old place. It has so much character. It is close to the park and marina. The staff has been wonderful. Would stay her again in a heartbeat! The bar was very busy and loud when we arrived but we were pleased that you can hear nothing up in the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Nick H, General Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

We Thank you so much for your comments, And we sincerely Thank you for staying with us..
We look forward to seeing you again soon..

Thanks, Nick