“All about the food”
Review of Britannia Arms - CLOSED

Britannia Arms
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: British and traditional American Style cuisine, along with a cozy pub feel, with 6 rotating taps and 10 taps mix with imports and domestics. We also carry wine and a selection of bottled beer.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hideaway pub and restaurant wouldn't even have been considered by me if it weren't for the great Tripadvisor reviews. The pub/restaurant is small and nice, borderline simple. Friendly and quick service. My teen boys had the Fish and Chips and that was according to them the best they ever had. Me and my wife had the daily special which was pan fried salmon with pasta. Absolutely delicious! Britannia Arms is a must try.

1  Thank trond_sakshaug

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I can say 'hand on heart' and I am English, that I have just enjoyed the BEST sausages and mash ever.....we visited the Britannia Arms to watch England play in the World Cup on TV and have a little bit of English cooking and we cannot believe what a find this place establishment was! The staff were welcoming, friendly and chatty - Noel (behind the bar) and Mike (chef) were excellent - you felt like they were welcoming you to their home. The food arrived and it was a plateful of what can only be described as excellent homemade cooking and tickled every tastebud. Well done! We have now checked out the menu and are looking forward to home made fish and chips and steak & ale pie for future visits. We are so thrilled to find somewhere that does true
homemade cooking and if you are traveling nearby or you just want a good meal - this restaurant should be top of your list.

1  Thank Fijimonster
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a gem hidden in St Petersburg, I drove by many times and figured this was just another spot that would not last. I was wrong... the food is really good. Try it out,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stopped by for a late lunch and had the BEST service and everything we ordered tasted GREAT! Fish, burger and shepherds pie - all VERY tasty! I even had leftovers to eat for lunch the next day! Will definitely return here when we are back down in FL.

2  Thank Niffer2012
Reviewed April 17, 2014

A quaint place to eat. Would probably never have noticed it but it came highly recommended. It didn't disappoint. The fish was the best we have ever eaten (cod) and the chips were crisp and tasty. The coleslaw was the also the nicest we had eaten. It had a different flavour. Yum! We went on Tuesday when the special is two for one. It was very busy but the food came out perfectly cooked. Bravo to the chef and line cooks. Wait staff were friendly and kept the patrons waiting for a table ( and there were many), informed. Great place to eat.

4  Thank CRP94