“First rate Vietnamese good in St. Pete”
Review of La V

La V
Ranked #37 of 899 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC
“First rate Vietnamese good in St. Pete”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice addition to the Central Avenue Restaurant Row. The place has a hefty menu of mostly typical Vietnamese dishes. Preparation of such favorites as spring rolls (soft and fried), pho and vermicelli bowls is all way above average. Good service and reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2014

Miami, Florida
“vietnamese with a flair”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The restaurant does not appear as your typical Asian establishment, its a bit more upscale. The menu is eclectic, containing the usual Vietnamese delights with some unusual delicious twists. There is outdoor seating and excellent service. Prices are reasonable for the quality.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank philip g
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Excellent Vietnamese Fusion.”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

It's very rare that I go out for Vietnamese. It's usually a craving for something different, and I happened to have such a craving last weekend.

Looking for a place to meet my girlfriend in downtown St Pete, I came across this highly rated place on yelp, so naturally, I gravitated to it. Vietnamese Fusion sounded interesting.

Service was fine - I was surprised to be served by a muscle bound middle american farm boy (actually, I think I heard he was from Syracuse, but that certainly isn't saigon) - but that's really neither here nor there. Just surprising. You don't expect to hear a Western NY accent in an Asian restaurant, but again, whatever, service was good. I ordered the La V Vermicelli Bowl - fresh mint leaves, bean sprout, mix spring lettuce, cucumber, pickles carrot & daikon, sweet fish sauce, with shrimp, pork and chicken, I believe (maybe beef). It was really very good. The fish sauce wasn't too fishy and the dish had a wonderful taste to it - sort of like a sweet chili sauce flavor, but not quite. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Scarfed it down.

My only complaint would be the portion size - it seemed really small, but maybe that's only because I had just gotten back from Christmas where the goal seemed to be to see how much I could eat before I exploded.

This is a really nice restaurant, wonderful chic ambiance and very comfortable.

An excellent choice if you're in the mood for Asian food, but don't want the standard chinese or sushi options out there.

• Visited December 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best Vietnamese In St. Petersburg”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Excellent food. Always fresh and light. Wide selection. Authentic (yes I've been to Saigon and Hanoi). Excellent service. Great downtown location. Good for a date or dinner with family and friends.

• Visited March 2013
Saint Petersburg
“Extremely happy we went”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I had the pineapple bubble tea and the grilled chicken rice noodles. My family member had the fusion fried rice. We had wontons for an appetizer. Be careful the sauce served with the wontons is very spicy which I like actually. The food was awesome. Everything was fresh and full of flavor. Will definitely eat at this restaurant again and again and again.