“It's a great place to eat.”
Review of D'Cajun Blues Roadhouse - CLOSED

D'Cajun Blues Roadhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Bring your bike, order up some good food and have a great time with your friends. Full bar, live music, obviously biker friendly. The food is amazing, order the nachos but but be hungry, they are huge.

2  Thank TriumphRuben

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have visited D'Cajun Blues a couple times since I submitted a review and have been equally pleased every time. We went again this week and brought a guest with us that had never been there, and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

We started off with the recommendation that we try the new Cajun chicken wings. I am not a big wing fan, in fact, I haven't even tried wings in probably going on 5 or 6 years, but since I love D'Cajun Blues and knew my Sweetie and our guest would probably like them, and since they were dry rubbed, I agreed to getting them. Well, let me tell you, I LOVED THOSE WINGS. I've been converted. They were perfectly crisp and had just the right amount of spice. We all loved them so much that I order 3 dozen for pick up on Super Bowl Sunday!

Then came our meals, which were all delicious, so we kept sharing bites around the table! I had Cajun cream corn, red bliss potatoes and meatloaf that had been cocooned in bacon and smothered in brown gravy. OMG! Yum. My Sweetie chose the Gator, which was slathered in the most yummy, some kind of sausage gravy, and loving rested on a pillowy bed of spicy hominy grits. The combination was outrageously good. Our guest opted for breaded catfish, grits and southern green beans. Now, in my house, southern green beans are drenched in bacon fat and cooked until they are super soft and dripping with baconing goodness. I am happy to report that these were, in fact, southern green beans. So good! And the catfish was breaded and fried to lightly crisp, golden, perfection. MMM, MMM.

We finished our meal by sharing a couple of baskets of light, fresh, beignets, which were soft little pillows of goodness that had been dusted with confectioner's sugar, They were a perfect way to complete our wonderful meal.

One of the things I have come to love about this place is that you can enjoy Cajun spiced food that is properly prepared. You get all the punch of flavor but you can still carry on a conversation during your meal because you aren't choking and wiping the tears from your eyes because of your over spiced meal. In my opinion, spicy doesn't necessarily mean Cajun and Cajun doesn't necessarily mean spicy, just tasty, and the folks at D'Cajun Blues Roadhouse have figured out the right balance of that!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The first time I went to this restaurant, the food was so good I warned the staff of impending death if they tired to remove my plates before I was done. Such was not the case this time. It seems that the owners had a falling out and decided to part ways with their Cajun Chef. What a mistake. The food was awful. I had brought my parents to the restaurant, raving about the quality of the food. I was thoroughly embarrassed. The Shrimp Creole, undercooked rice, terrible. The Jambalaya, AWFUL. Everything in it was overcooked to death and it tasted like it sat for a week. The Chicken and Waffles uggh.. The waffle fell apart when I touched it with a fork. The chicken actually was pretty good. The Collard Greens side, awful. The Macaroni and Cheese didn't even taste the same. I will NEVER go back.

1  Thank globalsoftware
Neah86, General Manager at D'Cajun Blues Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that your food was not consistent with the quality you have come to expect from us. The restaurant is in a time of transition, and this includes our current menu. Although change is not an excuse for quality, we have been trying to maintain menu items that we will no longer be serving as well as perfect new recipes. This is what unfortunately caused your experience to be sub-par. All of us at D'Cajun are passionate about our food and confident in our upcoming menu. We hope you'll reconsider us and stop in again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a casual and very friendly restaurant. I found the food and service to be first rate and prices are reasonable for what you get. Drink prices are exceptionally low.

The menu includes a lot more than cajun food. I had barbeque ribs that were excellent and the sweet potato fries were amazing. There is a lot of southern comfort food like fried chicken and choices of sides from corn on the cob to mac and cheese, greens and more.

I sat at the bar and Jason took good care of me including recommending I return the next night for some good blues music. Music starts around 7 and runs til 11. That's nice for an old guy like me because a lot of bars don't start their live music until past my bedtime.

It seemed like everyone in the place knew each other. But then, as I talked with people I found out they were not necessarily friends. Everyone just kind of gets along and socializes.

I was also impressed that the cook, Chef Boy R Steve came out of the kitchen to make sure I was enjoying my food. When I told him how much I liked the sweet potato fries he went into detail about how he prepares them.

1  Thank przyk
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great Cajun food, fun atmosphere, live music! We were in the area, heard the food was good, and were not disappointed! Shrimp creole was outstanding, BBQ and beans and rice delicious. We plan to return soon to try additional menu items.

1  Thank Riorico