Tripadvisor
St. Petersburg
All reviews sister hotel next door biscotti art deco happy hour free shuttle sister property front porch complimentary wine every evening shuttle service cool vibe st pete downtown st cocktail hour full bar great boutique other guests
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel last August after returning from a cruise. Although I wasn't able to stay in the main building because of a water issue, the building next door sufficed. What I really enjoyed about this hotel was the staff! They were wonderful and helpful. The daily rate was really reasonable as well. Would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2019
timcalandrino, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was Great having you stay with us and we Thank you for the wonderful review and being flexible while we took care of the issue. We certainly enjoy hearing the kind words about our special hotel. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When John greeted us, we felt very welcome into the lobby and hotel. Not only did he welcome us, but he also served as our tour guide. He told us fun places to go and where to eat and watch the football game. Overall, the experience was more than we expected, and if i’m ever here again I’ll make sure to stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your compliments to our staff and hotel . It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean and comfortable experience. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us and we thank you for sharing your five star experience!
We look forward to seeing you back on you next trip to St Pete. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent a couple of nights at this hotel.always works out well. Good location good food and great service. I have got to single out John at the front desk. I felt like I had known him my whole life.he is extremely upbeat, willing to go the extra mile for the customers. And happy to engage in conversation. In this day and age it’s all about customer service and John possesses exceptional skills. When I get back to st. Augustine I will spread the word about the hotel and also about John.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your compliments to our staff and hotel . John is definitely a cornerstone of our property and ensuring the guests experience. His local knowledge is so valuable to our guests when checking into our property. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean and comfortable experience. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us and we thank you for sharing your five star experience! We look forward to seeing you back on you next trip to St Pete.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

From the staff, to the extras touches like free wine and champagne every evening, to the relaxing porch, the Avalon is honestly the perfect spot for a quick getaway. We had such a great experience and even ended up booking an extra night last minute because we didn’t want to leave! We already are ready to come back!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
timcalandrino, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

It was Great having you stay with us and we Thank you for the wonderful review. we certainly enjoy hearing the kind words about our special hotel. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

John M greets us with great kindness each time I visit, no matter who I’m with. The rooms are always beautifully clean, complimentary wine every evening, and all the amenities of the Hollander hotel! I have an amazing time whenever I visit st Pete (which is often!) thank you John M for the wonderful visits!

Trip type: Traveled with family
timcalandrino, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Thank you so much for staying with us and Thank you for a wonderful review.We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share you experience with TripAdvisor readers. I will pass along the compliments to John, we look forward to seeing you back very soon..