All reviews sister hotel next door art deco happy hour wine and cheese biscotti free shuttle offer wine shuttle service every afternoon sister property complimentary coffee quirky hotel front porch st pete full service bar infused water downtown st
Reviewed October 10, 2017

The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful! As we registered I mentioned that we were celebrating my husband's birthday. Before we got to our room there was a bottle of champagne chilling for us! Although the room was small, more like a hotel room in NYC, it was beautifully renovated, had everything we needed (including a king size bed).There was wine and snacks at a happy hour, and granola bars and juice in the morning as well as great fresh coffee. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Wendy, Thank you so much for such an incredible review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here at The Avalon. We are in the HEARt of Downtown St Petersburg.with so much to do. Museums, Dining,Live Music Venues, Shopping and Art galleries. I hope you have a great Fall, and return soon to enjoy everything Downtown St Petersburg has to offer. Randy S.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night whilst visiting St Petersburg for a Tampa Bay Rays game. We were greeted by a lovely welcoming check in, where we were offered a glass of prosecco, a choice of fresh fruit infused water and nibbles. Much needed after a long day on the beach! Our room was beautiful with such unique decor. We were given a complimentary upgrade on our room which was a nice touch. We mentioned we were visiting Tropicana Field for the game and were told that the sister hotel next door offered complimentary shuttle service to the stadium for Avalon Guests! The kind man on check in even allowed us to print out tickets off for the game which we had forgotten to bring with us....Fantastic service. The staff were so friendly and helpful. In the morning we were met with fresh coffee on check out. We will certainly be looking to book here for next year's trip to St Petes, as soon as the Ray's schedule gets released Thank you for such a memorable stay!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at The Avalon. We are fast becoming..."THE PLACE TO BE " in downtown St Petersburg. We have so many things to do...right outside our doors. Museums, Sporting Venues, Art Galleries,Dining and Antique Shops. We have a great staff here at The Avalon, and with the FREE shuttle service from our Sister Hotel...The Hollander..it is so EASY to explore Downtown. I hope you have a great FALL, and return soon to continue your St Petersburg journey. Randy S.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

We really loved this beautiful Art Deco boutique hotel! Rooms were comfy and super clean! Great decor. Loved the nightly wine and snack spread and morning coffee in the lobby. Great location and easy parking! They also offered free shuttle to anywhere in the vicinity which was fabulous! We also loved that we could walk right next door for breakfast, lunch,dinner and use of the pool at their sister hotel the Hollander! The staff at Avalon was also stellar! We would highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Jennifer, I wish to thank you for such a great review. I am so happy you enjoyed BOTH our Hotels during your visit. Downtown St Petersburg has so much to offer our Guests. We are in the HEART of everything "COOL" to do in St Petersburg. I hope you return soon, to continue your St Petersburg journey. Have a great FALL. Hope to see you soon. Randy S.

Reviewed October 6, 2017

What an amazing find this quirky, welcoming and incredibly friendly boutique hotel is!
A truly unique place we stayed here for 3 nights in September and found it to be all we hoped for and more with lovely decor, a relaxed atmosphere and every one we come across being so incredibly friendly, helpful and accommodating.
A great location whereby everywhere is walkable in St. Pete (for us anyway) and having the facilities available at the sister hotel next door was a great bonus.
We will definitely book again; and I can't emphasise enough how friendly and helpful all the staff are here in both hotels with a special mention for John on the front desk who we had most contact with and couldn't do enough to ensure we had a great stay......a true asset and dare I say it an inspirational guy in his own right!
Will definitely be returning next year on our next trip to the Tampa area.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Thank you for such an incredible review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at The Avalon. We have an incredible caring staff, who also LOVES St Petersburg. We have so many things to do right outside our doors. Downtown St Petersburg is fast becoming a TRAVEL DESTINATION for everyone. I hope you have a great FALL, and return soon to see what NEW things St Petersburg has for you to explore. Randy S.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

This was a fantastic place to stay! Very clean rooms in a recently remodeled building, incredibly friendly and helpful staff. We felt like beloved guests whose hosts really wanted us to have a good time. Great amenities included with the pairing of this hotel with it's sister facility next door, the Hollander. They offer a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within a mile radius of the hotel, a 5pm happy hour with wine and snacks, free use and access to a lovely pool at the Hollander and many more. We would most certainly stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
AvalonMgmnt, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Caroline, Thank you so much for such a glowing review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at The Avalon. We are so excited about all the great NEW things happening with The Downtown area. I am glad you had a chance to use the EXTRA amenities at our Sister Hotel, The Hollander. I hope you have a great Fall, and return soon to see all the NEW and exciting things Downtown St Petersburg has to offer. Randy S.