“Awesome and Excellent tour guide”

St. Petersburg Segway Tours
Ranked #8 of 79 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 hours of being a kid again!!! Take a segway tour with us and discover how beautiful downtown St. Petersburg really is. Ride through some of St. Pete's's most popular destinations with an experienced guide. Tour stops include The Pier, The new Salvador Dali museum, the storied Vinoy Park Hotel, as well as some secret views of our town that will surprise even the locals. It's a great way to show off your town to visitors and guarantee huge smiles & adrenaline rushes for everyone who joins us. Great for ages 12 to the young at heart!
Tampa Bay, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome and Excellent tour guide”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After reading reviews on St. Pete Segway operators, I made the decision to book my first Segway tour with St. Pete Glide.

After an easy booking, I was greeted by Aaron, who happens to be a very courteous and knowledgable Segway tour guide. Aaron gave a thorough training and checked each of us out before engaging the tour.

I had a blast but remained reserved for fear of falling off (unfounded). Even though I was at the back of the pack, Aaron took time out to check on me and make sure I was feeling confident as well as comfortable with my Segway.

The tour included the St. Pete waterfront, the Dali museum, Al Lang Field, the Pier and Beach Drive (with a stop at the awesome Banyan tree for a spirited game of Segway tag). Also, throughout the tour, Aaron would circle us up for stories on St. Pete history (Aaron is a St. Pete native and is skilled at keepining things humorous and light, which made it all the more fun).

The group was a nice mix of people that included locals, in state visitors and an International visitor. I not only had fun meeting new people, but also had the opportunity to network with others that happened to be in the same profession as myself (I.T.).

I plan on doing this again and will be sure to ask for Aaron since he made this a stand out event.

Thanks Aaron and SP Glide for a memorable afternoon.

1 Thank Roscoe J

Lee's Summit, Missouri
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“My Segway Day”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived on time and found there was no office. Just a guy that hollered to us from a street corner. We got a quick lesson and we set off. This was fine for me, I caught right on but my 13 year old daughter found it hard and didn't get as much teaching as she needed. Our guide noticed she wasn't catching on well but did not offer any more instruction. She even found herself in tears twice during our tour. It was very hot the day we went, I recommend going early or late in the day. After being out he said our tour was ending 15 minutes early (we booked a 1.5 hour tour) unless we wanted to go on. I was glad to be getting back for my daughters sake. I booked with a AAA discount and reminded him of this when we paid, which was done right there on the sidewalk. When we got home I looked at the receipt and it was not correct. He had taken us on the 2 hour tour and charged for it. I called the office number and it was straightened out (as far as I know- haven't seen my credit card bill yet). I enjoyed riding the Segway and so did my husband but not everyone catches right on. I think my daughter was nervous and you need to be comfortable to ride easily. Overall I thought it was fun but the company is not as great as I was expecting from all the wonderful glowing reviews.

Tampa, Florida
“Great way to see St Pete and have some fun”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our guide Aaron was fun and knowledgeable about the area. We had family visiting and this was a great way to show them the area and have a nice morning out. I would do this tour again and can recommend it to anyone from the area or from out of town.

Odessa, Florida
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great Way to Discover St. Pete”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have lived in the Tampa Bay area for a long time and know ST. Pete pretty well, and took this Segway tour only as practice for Segway tours we have later this year in Spain. But the tour guide did a great job and so I enjoyed it a lot. He also had some additional information I had never heard before, and some fun facts as well. I really recommend it.

Visited May 2013
Harbor Bluffs, Fl
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“That Was Fun!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I recently went on an afternoon sedway tour in St. Petersburg. I highly recommed it as a way to see the beautiful St. Pete waterfront and have some good ole' fun for a couple of hours. Vince was our guide, did a great jopb, and had us up and running in a matter of a few minutes. Within 15 minutes the movement and control almost becomes second nature. Anyone can do it. Our group of 7 included and 84 year old?

Visited May 2013