“Memories of old Florida”
Review of Sunken Gardens

Sunken Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.99*
and up
St Petersburg Segway Nature Tour
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This was one of the first places my parents took me when they first moved from NY to Florida, way back in 1976 and I always remembered being in awe of all the tropical plants. Visiting again brought back great memories and I am still in awe of all the plants. I was told that the flamingos actually are the same ones as when I was there many years ago. It's worth stopping by for a visit.

2  Thank Lashep520
Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

In the 1800's a fishing village built a pier, that village grew. 100 years ago what's now 4th street was a garden. In 1935, 4 acres became "Sunken Gardens", lots of lush plants, later wildlife shows, then a butterfly aviary. The staff is very good.. Carrabba's has adjoining parking lot. Cost $

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

I decided to surprise my mother in law and visit this place because she loves flowers. As for her she loved it she loved it as for me and my kids bored out of our minds. Lots of pretty flowers but that's it.

1  Thank flochis
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was a walk down memory lane for me, I've been here many times of the last 40 years - the park is smaller now, but just as beautiful. In the summer you need to go early as it gets very hot even in the shade. This is a piece of old Florida you don't want to miss.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Although is not a large garden and does not take long to go round this is reflected in the very reasonable entrance admission. This is a beautiful, tropical oasis and one well worth a visit.Crammed with wonderful planting with lots of areas to sit down and take in the tranquility. Enjoy.

4  Thank Darren B