“Beautiful afternoon stroll”

$69.98*
and up
St Petersburg Segway Nature Tour
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I found Sunken Gardens to be a fun and beautiful afternoon stroll with my fiancee'. Scenic, relaxing and removed from the hustle of the surrounding area. I'm glad we stopped in.

1  Thank Raev

Reviewed November 27, 2012

It's a nice little getaway, just kind of small. We wished it was a little bigger, but it did feel like we were walking through a nature trail. They have some parrots there and that was fun.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a hidden gem in the middle of one of St. Pete's nicest areas. It is beautiful, peaceful, and educational. A nice way to spend an afternoon. Inspires you to do more with your own gardens. Worth a visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

A lovely little haven in the heart of St Petersburg, we were pleasantly surprised at the tranquil setting here. Easy walking with level pathways, only one slightly sloped towards the end. You can while away many hours or just a few, taking in the blooms and birds while snapping wonderful photos. Bring a book, a camera or small lunch, benches and tables are strategically placed so you can take it all in. Take your time and look closely as many times I found myself going back noticing something so small it was almost missed. Particularly interesting is how the vegetation intertwines creating beautiful patterns. Cute little gift shop. Very pleasant staff. Top it off with a drive to Gulf Boulevard afterwards for a late lunch on the beach and the day is complete.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We took a Sunday afternoon walk through Sunken Gardens. Bougainvilleas were in full bloom as were many other flowering plants. Some areas are too manicured and others are nice and tropical feeling. The downsides are that the water features where koi fish are held are really dirty and need to be cleaned. Some of the water features were so dirty we could not see the fish unless they bobbed up to the surface. Also, a groundskeeper began using his leaf blower while we were there. It was VERY loud and put A LOT of dust and dirt into the air. I would think they would have the common sense to do this BEFORE opening considering they open at noon on Sundays. I probably won't be returning because I don't want to risk walking into a dust storm again.