“OASIS IN THE MIDDLE OF ST. PETE”
Review of Sunken Gardens

Sunken Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.98*
and up
St Petersburg Segway Nature Tour
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hard to believe your in the middle of St. Pete's. Unique collection of tropical greenery from around the world. Was started in 1903 by a plumber in a sink hole. Can explore in about an hour

1  Thank sambucca45

Reviewed October 18, 2012

It's amazing to find a tropical garden like this right in the middle of an urban area. Plants that, in my house, are 10 inches tall are 10 feet tall here!. Worth the visit.

1  Thank CaribMonkey
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Want a little piece of old-timey Florida? Try this still-amazing attraction. The gardens are absolutely gorgeous. I used to visit this place as a child all the time as I was growing up in the Old Northeast. I still enjoy it to this day and I visit it every time I come back to St. Pete. I think that dang turtle is still the one from back when I was a kid.

1  Thank StinkyHotelsBeware
Reviewed October 8, 2012

BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a great setting for a wedding. The gardens are well worth a visit for anyone with parrots and fish, etc on display. Walking paths are easy to follow. The plants are gorgeous. Our nephew and niece were married there and the photos are fabulous. We recommend the garden for the entire family.

1  Thank CruisingNanna
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lovely, peaceful and shady. Full of plants, flowers, butterflies and there are fish, turtles, parrots and 2 flamingos. Not really a place for kids. Well maintained and a nice way to spend a couple of quiet hours.

1  Thank Anna D